Let us see how to clean a rug carpet, looking at it from grandmother’s tricks and its contemporary advantage.
Your Carpet Is Stained, Dull Or gray?
The carpet cleaning Hemet Company shared this informational article on how to clean a carpet in 7 tips.
These grandma’s recipes are very simple tips to get the job done or give your carpet a boost. Note that for a valuable carpet, it is better to focus on dry cleaning by small localized keys.
How to Clean A Wool Rug?
First of all, pay attention to the composition of your carpet. Because according to the materials, it is necessary to use different products. So when you buy a new carpet, always think about looking at the label that will tell you how to clean it. You may be surprised to discover that it is machine washable. But, if not, here’s how to clean a carpet:
- Always vacuum your carpet before putting on a product to prevent dust from interfering with your cleaning! If your carpet is made of wool, gently remove excess fiber by hand. But above all, do not use your vacuum cleaner in brush mode, it could damage it.
- Always treat a task from the edge to the center to prevent it from spreading.
- Do not put the product or mixture directly on the carpet. Use a clean cloth and swab.
- Always dry without rubbing, either in the open air or with a hairdryer.
- Finally, do not use colored linen to clean your carpet, prefer white rags.
Now Let Us Examine The 7 Ways That Have Been Effective:
How To Clean A Carpet: The Artisanal Preparation ?
In a salad bowl, put in potato peels and infuse with boiling water. Then, soak a clean sponge of the mixture and dab your carpet. Then let stand a few hours and rinse with clear water with a cloth. Finally, dry your carpet avoiding any passage.
It is a miracle product to clean a dull carpet. Bring a brush sprinkled with baking soda on the previously moistened carpet. Then let the baking soda dry and vacuum to clean the residue. This trick has the advantage of being both practical and economical.
It allows to clean and deodorize a carpet. If you have stubborn stains, soak them with white vinegar and lightly rub them with a clean cloth. Leave on for ten minutes then rinse with clear water.
The Land of Sommieres
For cleaning the entire carpet use this natural clay. It is indeed particularly effective for the tasks of fatty substances. Let the powder work overnight. It will degrease and detach your carpet, and you can rinse it with clear water in the morning. A tip 100% natural and very simple.
The Ammonia Shampoo
At first, mix 2/3 cold water and 1/3 ammonia. Then soak one of your solutions and rub your tasks. Then dab your carpet with a dry cloth then rinse with vinegar water.
Black soap (available on Amazon) is also a natural solution at hand to remove your tasks. Use it on a sponge and dab the stained parts.
It is to apply on the entire surface of the carpet, let act one night. Finally, in the morning, vacuum and admire the result.
Deep Carpet Cleaning Video:
What about shedding? How can we solve it?
Some rugs, especially new rugs, will shed in the beginning; the effect will stop after gentle vacuuming and regular wear. The material and the making process of the carpet will make the shedding more or less severe.
Quality of wool
Just like everything else in life, wool rugs aren’t all the same. Sheep from the mountains have long hair, rich in lanolin, so the rugs made with this wool will last for a long time with less risk for shedding. Sheep coming from lower lands will have coarser wool, and the quality is lower too. If the sheep are sheered too often, and wool stays short, manufacturers will use adhesives for putting together the wool pieces. The glues will break down after some time, and your rugs shed.
How to avoid your wool rugs shedding?
Ideally, you should avoid the problem by buying a hand-knotted or hand-woven rug right from the start. If you didn’t know which rugs will shed and now you have to solve the problem, you won’t stop the shedding per se. However, you may prevent any further damage to the rug. Here’s how to do it right:
- Gently vacuum the carpets regularly, following the grain of the pile. Never go against it.
- Avoid using a heavy beater bar when cleaning; don’t use the closest to the ground on the vacuum either
- You may reduce the damage to the pile by placing a right rug pad under the wool rug; it will absorb shock.
- Ideally, it would help if you had the wool rug in a place with less traffic.
One last thought
Tufted rugs only last a couple of years, so hand-woven or hand-knotted rugs are the best choices for a longer life span. Carpets made with natural materials are great, but you should pay attention when buying.
Related Article: 3 Home Health Benefits To Carpet Cleaning