Ultrasonic cleaning is the right option when you want to restore delicate items that could get damaged using traditional methods.
For a company that uses ultrasonic cleaners, the cost benefits are amazing, as this type of cleaning is faster and safer for the items.
- The Top 3 Commercial Ultrasonic Cleaners
- 1. VEVOR 6L Ultrasonic Cleaner Commercial Ultrasonic Professional Stainless Steel Ultrasonic Parts
- 2. Branson Ultrasonic Cleaner, 2.5 Gallons, Digital Timer
- 3. Commercial Ultrasonic Cleaner 10L – Jewelry Ultrasonic Denture Watches Eyeglass Cleaner Digital Heater Timer Control
- 4. Professional 30L Ultrasonic Cleaner with Timer Digital
- 5. Kendal Commercial Grade 1100 Watts 27 Liters (7.13 gallon) HEATED ULTRASONIC CLEANER
- The Best Cleaner for Optics
- Best Cleaner for Tools
- Best Cleaner for Surgical Instruments
- Best Cleaner for Vinyl/Records
- Frequently Asked Questions About Ultrasonic Cleaners
- Q: Do you need to spend a lot of money on a commercial ultrasonic cleaner?
- Q: What are you going to clean on a regular basis?
- Q: Should the ultrasonic cleaner feature a heater?
- Q: Why is the sweep mode important?
- Q: Do you use mild soaps and detergents?
- Q: Can you improve the cleaning performance in any way?
- Q: How can you extend the performance of the cleaning solution?
- Q: Should you get digital or analog ultrasonic cleaner?
- Q: What should be done with the cleaning solution residues?
- Q: Are all ultrasonic cleaners noisy?
The basics on ultrasonic cleaning
An ultrasonic cleaner is able to remove foreign material from surfaces in a nondestructive way as it doesn’t require harsh chemicals or scouring with abrasives.
Ultrasonic cleaning has become the most logical choice for the most sensitive items and is now used in thousands of industrial and commercial cleaning applications.
You only need a gentle detergent for ultrasonic cleaning, and common ultrasonic cleaner frequencies range from 25 to 100 Hz.
You need to take in consideration the material type and the contamination type when you choose the frequency and power ratio of an ultrasonic cleaner.
Asking the right questions
Before you get yourself an ultrasonic cleaner you need to know exactly what you are going to use it for. Different items require different types of ultrasonic cleaners.
Take a closer look the biggest parts of the items you intend to clean. Match the dimensions with the inside of the parts basket, and not with the ones of the basket! You also need to take in consideration the depth. Manufacturers of large industrial tanks give both tank depth and working depth.
Keep in mind never to place items to be cleaned on the bottom of the tank as they may get damaged. Most baskets for bench top units hang from the top rim of the tank. Avoid placing a heavy item on the bottom of the tank as this would limit the vibrations and, therefore, the efficiency of cleaning.
In some cases, you need to use a heater and cleaning operations work better with heating. But, there are some cases when heat is actually worse- take blood, for instance.
Seek that your commercial ultrasonic cleaner comes with a sweep mode operation as this is useful for cleaning precision parts, like the surgical instruments. Sweep mode is helping the cleaner not to get hot spots, areas with no cavitation, therefore no cleaning.
If you want more power from your ultrasonic cleaner, than it’s important to check the number of watts/gallon. The larger the volume of solution, the more ultrasonic power you get. Take care as too much power may damage the electronic parts or the surface finish on a soft metal. Look for the adjustable power feature on the ultrasonic cleaner.
Under-filling the tank doesn’t increase the power of the ultrasonic cleaner and always help the unit operate with the right amount of fluid.
Before getting the commercial ultrasonic cleaner is very important to know why you are buying the ultrasonic cleaner and which size the items you’re going to clean will be.
The Top 3 Commercial Ultrasonic Cleaners
1. VEVOR 6L Ultrasonic Cleaner Commercial Ultrasonic Professional Stainless Steel Ultrasonic Parts
Even if the price may be the selling point, the VEVOR Ultrasonic Cleaner brings many positive things to the table.
Should you be looking for an ultrasonic cleaner for your commercial applications, this one will make a reliable option for many reasons:
- It features a stainless steel water tank that has resistance against rust and corrosion
- The build is excellent, and the container is also heat resistant, with low risk of leakage
- The transducer will generate 40kHz ultrasound, leading to millions of microscopic cleansing foams that eliminate dirt from crevices and surfaces
- The giant cleaner is fantastic for commercial component, and medical equipment, and even devices cleaning
- It’s an effective cleaner for dental and medical clinics, jewelers, watchmakers, opticians, scientific labs, antique dealers, electronic workshops, or watchmakers
- It does a fantastic job on small engine carburetors
- The digital control eases out the operation, whereas the Led digital display is easy to read. Every function is well displayed for effortless operation
- You can choose from different time settings, from 1 to 30 minutes
- You can also set the temperature from 0 to 60 C degrees
- The cleaner has auto stand-by and sleep mode, reducing the risk of overheating
- It comes with a stainless steel cleaning basket for protecting the tiny and delicate items that require less friction
- The stainless steel lid has handled and doesn’t allow water to radiate heat
- The rubber foot pads improve stability and reduce the risk of slipping
Far from being deal breakers, the downsides only complete the picture:
- The craftsmanship could be better
- The heat control could be improved
However, for the long list of positive things, the ultrasonic cleaner manages to be a dependable option for your commercial applications and quite a bang for your buck.
2. Branson Ultrasonic Cleaner, 2.5 Gallons, Digital Timer
An efficient and reliable ultrasonic cleaner is the Branson Ultrasonic Cleaner.
Here are the pros:
- This is easy to use, functional and reliable
- All the controls are top mounted, behind the cleaning tank
- This is powerful enough to remove buffing compounds, oils and proteins
- This is safe enough for jewelry and delicate components
- This tracks the operating frequency of the bath and brings it instantly back to the optimum level
- The digital models let you control the cycle time
- The time may be set up to 99 minutes
- There are extended degas time periods for “beyond cleaning” applications as the case of sample preparation
- The unit automatically resets to the last setting, giving you the same results every time
- Batch-to-batch consistency is easy to get thanks to the automatically reset to the last setting
- The sweep frequency eliminates standing waves and creates cavitation throughout the tank constantly
- The unit features an energy-saving sleep mode
- There is also a high-temp safety alarm to prevent the overheating
- The plastic, chemical-resistant body comes with a valve drain
- This comes with a two-year guarantee
- There is a tank cover for protection
- This is great for plastic instruments, machinery, parts
- You may also remove blood, proteins and contaminants from glass ware and lab instruments in industrial and laboratory cleaning applications
- This is efficient for removing dirt, grease, waxes and oils
- It may clean flux and contaminants from electronics
- This may be heated up to 152.6F degrees
As for the cons, we need to mention that this doesn’t come with a basket/tray. You need to buy it separately. And keep in mind never to place items on the bottom of the tank.
3. Commercial Ultrasonic Cleaner 10L – Jewelry Ultrasonic Denture Watches Eyeglass Cleaner Digital Heater Timer Control
Commercial Ultrasonic Cleaner brings plenty of positive aspects to the table, which turns it into a reliable choice for commercial applications on any given day.
Here’s our take on the pros:
- The 40kHz powerful transducer gives power to the cleaner, able to reach 200W heating power and perform 240W ultrasonic power
- It’s made of very thing 304 stainless steel, taking the intense use for a long time
- The tank comes with a cleaning basket for protection of your fragile items
- We notice the excellent build and the high-quality of the manufacturing, with the unit presenting durability feel to it
- You can use the cleaner for earrings, jewelry, necklaces, diamonds, bracelets, and more.
- It’s dependable and efficient to use for watches, glasses, contact lens accessories, optical lenses, watch chains, and waterproof timepieces
- Thanks to its build and strength, it’s dependable to use for a gun, bike parts, and tools
- It has time settings so that you can choose various amounts of time, ranging from 0 to 30 minutes. Never let the cleaner run for more than 30 minutes as it may overheat
- It also presents temperature settings, so you may set it from 0 to 80 C degrees.
- It comes with cleaning cover and basket
- The instruction manual is easy to comprehend and follow
The downsides aren’t deal-breakers, but they complete the picture of this ultrasonic cleaner:
- The basket isn’t removable
- It runs a bit loud
- Some think that the heaters could be better since the cleaner needs some time for heating
On the off chance, you’re looking for a commercial-grade ultrasonic cleaner that delivers without emptying your wallet, and this one is a good buy.
4. Professional 30L Ultrasonic Cleaner with Timer Digital
The ease of use and adjustability are the most appealing qualities for Professional Ultrasonic Cleaner, but the ultrasonic cleaner has many other positive aspects related to it.
Listing things will help you understand its value effortlessly for the price, so go over the most significant positive aspects:
- The 40kHz and 600W transducers explain the industrial-grade power of the ultrasonic cleaner
- It reliable for effortless removal of stains on trying to access areas of your precious items
- You can use it for cleaning eyeglasses, jewelry, dentures, watches, and so on
- Despite the industrial-grade build and features, the cleaner doesn’t pose any difficulties for use
- You can choose one of the many preset time settings, from 1 to 99 minutes. Pressing one button is going to be enough
- The ultrasonic cleaner features a large volume chamber and ensures high heat cleaning
- The 8-gallon chamber allows you to clean several items simultaneously. You can heat it to 80 degrees for better cleaning performance
- It has a compact shape and a good build
- The slim profile eases out the storage when not in use, whereas the footprint makes placement a breeze
- You don’t need to use chemical solutions for cleaning; water will do most of the time.
The things we like less aren’t significant or many, but it’s wise to present them as well:
- It’s not very quiet
- It’s better for small commercial applications
Be that as it may, the ultrasonic cleaner is a reasonably good option and has impressive overall value for the money.
5. Kendal Commercial Grade 1100 Watts 27 Liters (7.13 gallon) HEATED ULTRASONIC CLEANER
An efficient commercial ultrasonic cleaner is the Kendal Commercial Heated Ultrasonic Cleaner. Here are the pros:
- There are powerful transducers that make this ultrasonic stronger (42kHz)
- The ultrasound power is of 600 Watts
- The tank is quite large
- The tank’s working capacity is of 7.13 gallon
- This comes with a 500 Watts heater
- You may set the temperature according to your needs, from 20 to 80 C degree
- There is a time setting going from 0 to 20 minutes
- All parts are made of stainless steel: body, tank, cover and mesh basket
- This drains with flow control valve
- There is a reliable mechanical control for setting up time and temperature
- Whole body is anti-acid and alkaline
- The heater is safe and efficient
- This is designed for industrial environments
The Best Cleaner for Optics
For cleaning not only optics, but also glass(es), clocks, jewelry, the Jakan 14L Large Ultrasound Cleaner with Cleaning Basket has many good things to say about it. Here are the pros:
- There is an efficient time setting
- You may set it up to 1 to 30 minutes
- There is also a temperature setting
- You may set the temperature from 20 to 80
- This is easy to operate
- This cleans thoroughly and deeply all surfaces
- This is made of long lasting stainless steel
- You get also a useful cleaning basket
- The cleaning basket may be used for cleaning smaller items that can’t take much friction
- This is 14 L capacity
- The ultrasonic frequency used is of 40kHz
- This comes with a 1-year warranty
- You may use this also in medical and dental clinics, tattoo shops, electronic workshops etc.
- In case you’re not happy with this product, you may get a full refund
We would have liked this cleaner to be a bit quieter, but if you’re getting this for your business, this detail will definitely not be a deal breaker.
Best Cleaner for Tools
Even though this next ultrasonic cleaner has many applications, it’s still a good choice for cleaning tools. The 10L / 2.6 Gallon Ultrasonic Cleaner with Stainless Steel Basket 240W Cleaning Power + Heater comes with many good features and here are our pros:
- It has an isolated-circuit design
- You need to keep water away for a safer user
- This comes with time setting option
- There is a real time count-down
- You also get a temperature control option
- There is a live temperature display
- This is easy to operate
- The wide-diameter transducer gives the best cleaning results
- The tray is anti-noisy
- The tray is also shock absorbent so you don’t need to worry about the sensitive items
- The handle drain has an efficient and complex design
- The cleaner is well made
- The machine is efficient and professionally made
- The transducer is strong and efficient
- The body, the cover and base are made of good quality stainless steel and they are durable
- There is a mechanical control timer
- This is useful in an electronic factory, chemical lab but you might as well use it in a jewelry lab
- The tank’s capacity is 10 L
- The cleaner uses 40,000Hz frequency
- You may set the cleaner for 1 to 30 minutes
- This comes with a one-year warranty
As for the cons, we can only mention the fact that this comes with no basket and you need to buy it separately, which is another investment.
Best Cleaner for Surgical Instruments
For the surgical instruments in your office or lab, the iSonic P4862-CE-IT Commercial Ultrasonic Cleaner is a reliable and efficient option. Here are its pros:
- This is a commercial ultrasonic cleaner
- There is 6L capacity
- This comes with a heater
- This features also degas function
- There is a suspendable plastic basket
- There is a detachable power cord with VDE plug, power switch
- The polished stainless stank means durability
- There is a 1-30 minutes’ full range timer
- The heater comes with 5 temperature settings
- This comes in a nice, soft light gray color
- There is a touch sensing solid control panel
- The power switch is useful and easy to use
- This unit is easy to operate
- There are two industrial grade ultrasonic stack transducers, powerful and long lasting
- The ultrasonic frequency is 35,000 Hz
- There are no buttons which makes the unit waterproof and safer to use
- The stainless steel tank is well sized and easy to store
- This is great for cleaning big metal instruments or silver wear
- The plastic basket may be raised and suspended to drain water
- You don’t have to take the basket out to drain water
- There are 5 settings between 40-60 C degree for the heater
- The heater runs independently to cleaning
- The thermometer shows actual water temperature
- There are two cooling fans for a longer functioning
- The thermal cutoffs protect the unit from big damages
- This is quiet
- The cleaner comes with 5 international safety certifications
- This comes with a stainless steel indirect cleaning tank that you may use as a second cleaning chamber
- You may also separate the items and the solution from the main cleaning tank
- You get the possibility to introduce a different or corrosive solution in the indirect cleaning tank
- You may use the indirect tank to clean small items
Best Cleaner for Vinyl/Records
The record cleaning machine that incorporates and ultrasonic cleaning cycle along with mechanical cleaning is the Audio Desk System Premium Ultrasonic Vinyl Cleaner PRO. Here are the pros:
- This includes ultrasonic cleaning cycle along the bi-directional rotating microfiber cleaning drums
- This is highly reliable and gives great performances on cleaning records/vinyl
- This is rather quiet
- There is a new strong motor and a new pump with ceramic bearings
- The electronic control system is improved
- There is a dry-only option
- This bursts millions of microscopic bubbles off the surface of the record all the way to the bottom of the groove
- This uses filtered air for drying
- The machine is fully automatic
- This needs only 6 minutes to give you clean and dry LP (both sides)
- Thanks to the cleaning, there are revealed new layers of inner detail and air
- Most surface noise is eliminated thanks to the cleaning
When we need to think of the cons, we can only mention one, the price. As highly efficient and powerful the cleaning of this machine may be, so is the price.
Frequently Asked Questions About Ultrasonic Cleaners
Q: Do you need to spend a lot of money on a commercial ultrasonic cleaner?
A: There are different kinds of cleaners which cover a good range of budgets. It’s essential to know how much money you are willing to spend so that the selection process goes on smoother. Make sure that you’re checking the market first and adjust your budget to the features you want in the ultrasonic cleaner. You cannot get the most performant model for a $100, that’s for sure.
Q: What are you going to clean on a regular basis?
A: When selecting the ultrasonic cleaner, you need to know what you’re going to use it for so that the objects will fit in easily in the basket later on. Be aware that the basket holding your objects is smaller than the cleaner per se.
You should also be careful about the working depth of the ultrasonic cleaner. The depth refers to the distance from the bottoms to the top, where the cleaning liquid reaches. The objects you’re cleaning have to be well submerged in the liquid, so that the cleaning process is effective.
Q: Should the ultrasonic cleaner feature a heater?
A: Just like with any other cleaning method, heat is always going to improve the cleaning, ultrasonic cleaning inclusive. Temperature is fundamental as it helps the most difficult stains. However, not all ultrasonic cleaners use a heater, and it depends on the kind of contaminant you’re about to clean.
Q: Why is the sweep mode important?
A: You may want to check an ultrasonic cleaner with sweep mode operation. The sweep function lets you adjust the frequency of the sound waves that are released, lowering the risk of dead zones developing. On the side note, the formation of dead zones is typical for the fixed frequency.
A sweep mode on your ultrasonic cleaner will ensure even cleaning, and it becomes fundamental for commercial applications.
Q: Do you use mild soaps and detergents?
A: Industrial ultrasonic cleaners can manage some light cleaning with deionized water. However, for commercial applications, you should also use detergents, soap, or mild solvents. If a contaminant is challenging to remove, you need to use a particular solution for the pollutant, easing out the cleaning process and improving the results. Detergents and mild soaps work for oily residues, but they’re not efficient when it comes to harsh chemicals.
Q: Can you improve the cleaning performance in any way?
A: Industrial ultrasonic cleaners are reliable for removing significant contamination caused by carbon deposits or hardened grease, but the cleaning takes more time. Using heat will soften the deposits, easing out the removal later on. You can heat the cleaning solution to just below the boiling point will speed up the cleaning and ensure total removal of the contaminants.
When you’re using heat, the ultrasonic transducers and tank have to be able to work in temperatures as high as 100 C degrees. Therefore, the container has to come with a heater, and the parts need to manage the high temperatures.
Q: How can you extend the performance of the cleaning solution?
A: Obviously, the contaminants removed throughout the ultrasonic cleaning will stay in the solution. The floating pollutants need to be skimmed off and placed aside until disposal. In the case of larger tanks, weirs and spray bars are used for the task. You can remove the solid particles dropped to the bottom with the filtering system that is made for larger tanks.
Once the cleaning efficiency drops, you have to replace the solutions. Don’t forget to follow the local regulations for appropriate disposal and check the user manual recommendations for the instructions too.
Q: Should you get digital or analog ultrasonic cleaner?
A: Each of the two kinds has ups and downs, and you should give it a good thought before deciding. An analog ultrasonic cleaner isn’t as accurate as a digital model. Nevertheless, analog ultrasonic cleaners may present fewer faults than the digital opponent, so it’s a wash.
Q: What should be done with the cleaning solution residues?
A: When it’s not possible to have cleaning solution residues, you have to install rinsing tanks, spray stations, and dryers to the cleaning line.
Q: Are all ultrasonic cleaners noisy?
A: Ultrasonic cleaners generate noise when operating at low frequencies, on the cause of tank wall vibrations. Lids aren’t useful only for reducing evaporation, but also for reducing the noise. Ear protection and sound-deadening enclosures will help with the sound.