The Top 5 Commercial Handheld Steam Cleaner Reviews
A good, reliable handheld portable steam cleaner is the Steam Fast SF-220 Portable “Hot & Handy” Handheld Steamer. Here are the pros on this:
- This is a handy portable steam cleaner
- This is highly efficient on the tough spots due to its 900 watts of steaming power
- This eliminates stains and germs faster than you’d think
- It comes with 10 handy accessories
- This is versatile and you may use all kinds of surfaces with it
- You may even go into the tight, narrow areas thanks to its accessories
- The thumb-tip steam control is efficient and makes easy to use the steamer
- There is a steam ready light
- There is a 12.5-foot cord
- This has an ergonomically design
- It’s comfortable and easy to use
- It doesn’t take long until the steam is ready
- There is a hose attachment for more flexibility
As for the cons, we don’t have any to mention. This comes only in blue and we would have liked black, for instance. But, it does its job pretty good.
Needing only 2 minutes to heat up, the Reliable Enviromate P7 Pronto Portable 4-Bar Pressure Hand Held Steam Cleaner has a lot of features and here are its pros:
- It’s a portable steam cleaner that makes it easy to clean hard-to-reach surfaces
- The 4 bar pressure helps you sanitize efficiently any surface
- You may use this even when cleaning windows
- It comes with 14-piece accessories
- There is nylon and brass brushes for a better cleaning of the tiles and barbecue grills
- It comes with 1-year warranty
- There is 1200-watt heating power
- It takes only 2-minute to heat it up
- There is an 8-meter action radius
- The tip temperature is 245 degrees
- The water capacity is 1.25
- The boiler tank comes with a lifetime warranty
- You may refill it while it’s still hot
- There is a one-year warranty for the steamer
- It’s easy to refill thanks to the flip-up cap
- This is powerful and efficient
- There is an automatic opening
- There is a “steam ready” indicator light
- This comes with a 32-inch steam hose so you may easier clean the tight places
- There are many accessories: angle and taper nozzle, window-cleaning squeegee, fabric accessory
- There is a carry bag for the steam cleaner so that you may keep it all together
The down side aren’t deal breakers, but they are still worth to mention:
- The steam cleaner is kind of loud
- The hand position is not the most comfortable and you need frequent rests to avoid pain
- The attachments could be of better quality
- The directions from the manual are not very clear
But, all in all, this is a pretty efficient handheld portable steam cleaner with some limits, of course.
An efficient and well-priced handheld steam cleaner is the Hoover TwinTank Handheld Steam Cleaner.
This disinfects and kills bacteria and comes with many good features:
- The two-tank system lets you clean with steam alone or with Hoover Multi-purpose disinfectant solution
- This is great on many kinds of surfaces
- It’s portable and easy to use
- There are many tools to use with this
- There is a Solution Control dial
- The temperature is good
- This comes with many useful attachments
- It’s very quiet
- This doesn’t need many minutes to heat up
- It comes with a storage bag for the tools
- There is a very long power cord
- This is easy to operate
- It’s efficient on windows, mirrors and hard floors just as well
We need to mention also the cons:
- The nylon brushes are too soft and they deform quickly
- There is no lock for the steam trigger
- This is a bit bulky to hold
- Some attachments could be of better quality
- The tank could be a bit bigger
Long story short, we’re pretty happy with this as it’s easy to use, portable and versatile.
We kind of torn about the following handheld steam cleaner. The BISSELL Steam Shot Hard-Surface Cleaner is an efficient steam cleaner for the small jobs and comes at a great price (we kind of think this might be its main feature) but is limited on the performance level. Here are the pros:
- There is an easy-to-press trigger
- This is completely chemical-free
- There are no harmful fumes or residue involved
- There is a 1000-watt power rating
- This comes with a 16-foot power cord
- There are useful accessories for the steam cleaner
- It comes with flat scraping tool, grout brush, fabric steamer, window squeegee, angle concentrator, extension hose and detail brush
- This may be used on all kinds of surfaces, showers, windows, countertops
- It’s efficient when cleaning the hard to reach places also
- There is a 6-ounce reservoir
- You can get from 5 to 15 minutes of continuous steam
- There is an angle concentrator also
- This comes with one-year warranty
As for the cons, here’s ours:
- The steam never gets very hot
- There is limited mobility
- It doesn’t run for a long time
- This is for the small jobs, no doubt about it
Despite all this, this handheld steam cleaner seems to be one of the most popular options out there.
If you think a handheld steam cleaner isn’t enough for you and like the idea of having a complete sanitizing system, then the Ivation Deluxe Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaning and Sanitizing System is a good option for you. With a great price considering its accessories and performances, here are the pros on this system:
- This has a powerful pressurized steam to clean all kinds of surfaces
- It comes with 18 attachments that give amazing versatility to the system
- You may clean floors, kill germs and release wrinkles with this
- This comes with an ergonomic canister that features portable wheels, extended cord
- It’s easy to assemble
- There is 1,500 Watt Power for chemical-free deep cleaning &sanitizing
- This is highly efficient on pets, allergies, bed bugs
- This is versatile and easy to maneuver
- The fully portable canister has an opening to reveal a trove of easy-attach accessories
- This cleans hardwood floors and stained rugs just as well
- This convertible steaming system may be used as a heavy-duty steam mop to a handheld steam gun
- It comes with adjustable floor and detail nozzles, brushes, soft cotton pads and other various accessories
- The water tank is 1.4 liter
- This gives you a 40 minutes run and 220 F degrees’ steam
- There is an intuitive steam flow dial to control the flow
- It’s easy to fill it up as it comes with a measuring jug and funnel
- There are extension hoses and accessories that attach easily
- There is also press-release button for quick disassembly
- The cloth protectors are machine washable
- It takes 7 minutes for the steam to be ready
- This comes with an accessory compartment cover that keeps safe all the attachments
- This is compact
- There are indicator lights that are highly efficient
There are some minor issues to mention as cons:
- This has leaking problems from time to time
- There is not enough storage for all the tools that come with the system
- The cord could be longer
As it’s versatile and so functional, we still think this is a good buy anytime.
Guide to Purchasing a Portable Commercial Steam Cleaner
What is a steam cleaner?
A steam cleaner heats up water to produce steam in order to give the best cleaning to any surfaces at high pressure. According to the manufacturers, this “dry” steam removes dirt and grease, killing bacteria and dust mites altogether.
High-pressure steam is able to penetrate deeper into crannies and nooks, blowing away difficult to remove particles and killing bacteria and mold. And this is done only using tap water so the steam cleaner doesn’t leave any chemicals behind.
The downside of the steam cleaner is that it needs almost six minutes to transform water into steam. On a plus, many steam cleaners have a high “faff factor” as they feature complicated buttons, many instructions to follow and come with confusing attachments. And, yes, you still need to wipe up afterwards to get rid of the dislodged dirt and excess water.
The steam cleaner may be a steam mop, a handheld or a cylinder steam cleaner. Of course, you may always stick with a two-in-one steam cleaner that combines a mop for floors and a handheld steam cleaner that helps you clean tiles, glass or other surfaces.
Why get a handheld steam cleaner?
First reason to get a handheld steam cleaner is the price, as a handheld steam cleaner costs less than a larger canister cleaner. The handheld steam cleaner is also smaller, easier to store, especially if your working space is already busy.
The obvious reason to get a handheld steam cleaner is the high portability as you may take it anywhere around and get the job done.
A handheld steam cleaner may look as a water pitcher, with an opening to add water to the internal boiler. Typically, the steam trigger is placed near the handle.
As much as we’d like the handheld steam cleaners, we also need to mention the bad and it comes to it,
There are some common design flaws on the handheld steam cleaner as most of them seem to be having short run time, not much power and versatile performances. Furthermore, they do tend to leak.
We’d say this is not all true and the critics come because the high expectations toward the handheld steam cleaner. A handheld steam cleaner cannot perform as high as a canister-style cleaner. You can’t ask a Ford to go as fast as a Mercedes sports car, right?
The handheld steam cleaner was created for the small jobs, like cleaning around faucets, some toys or removing sticker. You can’t clean your entire bathroom with it and you need to get another type of steam cleaner for that.
Handheld steam cleaner. What’s out there
Luckily for you, there is a wide range of types, prices and performances from the handheld steam cleaners out there.
You may easily find handheld steam cleaner that may produce steam for continuous 15 minutes and the ability to refill them while they’re still hot.
Some handheld steam cleaners come with “steam ready” indicator light or steam hose so that you may reach into tight places.
Some manufacturers give lifetime warranty for the boiler, some only few years.
What’s common for all of these handheld steam cleaners is that you need to be realistic about their performances. You will still need to do some more work afterwards as no handheld steam cleaner is able to blow away the toughest dirt spots.
You may want to have a look at our other selection of commercial steam cleaners that are not handheld.