There is nothing better than a swimming pool to help enhance the beauty and charm of your backyard. A swimming pool means that you can have non-stop fun with your family and children right at your home. Besides, a pool at home gives you that superb resort kind of vibe that you have always wanted.
Before everything else, what you must decide upon is the design of your swimming pool. Further, for the building and installation of the same, you will require the help of the Willsha pool service. They will help you with their expertise as well as experience that is best in the market. In this article, we will discuss a few of the significant benefits of why you must go for the best professional pool builders to obtain satisfactory results.
- Reasons to hire a professional pool builder
- Advantages of Swimming Pools
- Different Types of Pools to Try
- Fiberglass Pool
- Concrete Pool
- 14 Questions and Answers on Hiring Professional Pool Builders
- 1. Why should you hire professional pool builders?
- 2. Is the company insured and licensed?
- 3. What’s the experience level of the pool builders?
- 4. Can they show the most recent projects?
- 5. Are they able to provide you former client references?
- 6. Is it possible to see any of their recent and old work?
- 7. How long will it take for them to finish the pool?
- 8. Will they give you a warranty for the pool?
- 9. Can you add different features to the pool?
- 10. How much will you pay for it?
- 11. Can you get pool maintenance from the pool builder?
- 12. How do you know that the swimming pool is well built?
- 13. Is it possible to build a pool on your own?
- 14. Is it possible to do parts on your own and hire sub-contractors as well?
Reasons to hire a professional pool builder
Check out the following points and convince yourself about why you would want to hire a professional pool builder.
1. Good quality materials
As mentioned earlier, just finding a professional pool building company is not enough. What you must ensure is that you are going to find the best one in the market. The first benefit of finding professionals is that they have heaps of knowledge when it comes to the quality of pool-building raw materials.
You must understand that they are dealing in the industry for years and know very well what is going to last you for a longer time. Therefore, it is best to rely on their professionalism and expertise by letting them handle your pool- building work.
2. Less time-consuming
Hiring a professional pool-building company means it will save you the time and trouble of running across the market in search of tools. Since you are a novice and have very little knowledge about pool-building materials, you should get some professional help. Besides, they can also help you with a few other repairs here and there.
Now, cost-effectiveness is a quite tricky benefit here that you will hardly think of in this case. If you trust the work with professionals, they will buy raw materials from their known suppliers who will surely give them discounts. On the contrary, if you buy the stuff personally, the shop-keepers may charge you higher instead. Moreover, you will not understand the quality of materials and thus end up buying cheap quality materials at a higher price.
4. Quality of work
Construction and installation of units such as a swimming pool is not something that you will do on your own. Besides, anyone of us is hardly knowledgeable about work like this. On the other hand, a professional will have no chance of messing up the work. They are knowledgeable and well-equipped when it comes to construction and installation of a pool.
5. Chemical levels
Certain chemicals are used in a swimming pool to keep it clean. Such compounds help in keeping the pool bacteria-free. The bacteria may cause infections and diseases, and so disinfectants are extremely necessary. A professional will know exactly how much chemical to use in the pool.
Advantages of Swimming Pools
Swimming pools exceed the luxury and fascination to become a must-have in many residential and commercial units such as hotels & resorts. Having a well-maintained swimming pool is a fantastic way to let your hair down for a while and de-stress after days’ haul. A backyard pool provides a meeting arena for community and family. If you are wondering if pools are unnecessary or redundant, take a look at some of the fantastic benefits a swimming pool has to offer-
- Socialize- Far from the tumult of technology and media, the pool is a delightful space to chill. People of all ages can be a part of this extravaganza- leisure away with a drink, stand in the water, or swim for a while. Families also plan a pool gathering replete with delicious food and fun activities. In a nutshell, it can help you nail the fitness goals without letting go of precious social life! Pool parties are especially fun in summer with a light drink and BBQ.
- Aesthetics- In any property, a swimming pool can work on its aesthetic beauty and augment its market value. Therapeutic in nature, fresh blue water could rejuvenate you in ways than you can ever imagine! You never have to wander off to a recreational center as long as you have the balmy waters within your reach.
- Relieve Stress- Pool exercise, even low-impact exercises, is instrumental in keeping you healthy and lowering heart diseases. Standard practices could make you flexible, maintain your overall wellbeing but regulate blood pressure. You might increase the intensity of training as you deem fit. Cardio and workout could be quickly done once you plunge into the habit of swimming.
- Fun and Thrill- The obsession with mastering the swimming strokes is real and beneficial too. If you have kids at home, a swimming pool can introduce them to an alternative and healthier lifestyle.
Different Types of Pools to Try
There is no shortage of designs and styles you can explore to find your niche. Take a look at some of the cheap and more natural alternatives to deck up your property with a swimming pool.
Low maintenance and fast installation qualities make fiberglass pool a go-to option. You can brush it weekly to clean and get it rid of algae. This sturdy option would not bother you with repair or maintenance thanks to their incredible lifespan! Even after decades, you can preserve its gorgeous and appealing look with simple accessories like pool lights. High alertness is mandatory to eliminate possibilities of scratches and spots or damaged shells.
Durable as well and does not get easily damage even when sharp objects are forced on it. You can expect varied designs and sizes based on your requirements. The liberty to customize it renders concrete pools relevant within customers. However, it might be an expensive choice considering the maintenance fees. Often, this kind of pool necessitates a weekly brushing with annual follow-ups by professionals. Since it has high chances o attracting algae, there is no way you could skip on the expenses.
14 Questions and Answers on Hiring Professional Pool Builders
In all fairness, no matter how challenging or difficult it gets to take care of a house and the backyard, it’s rewarding and fun to live in a house with a beautiful and generous space outside.
And once you realize that the green grass isn’t enough for your entertainment, a swimming pool seems like the best addition to your property. When you’re not a contractor or a pool builder on your own, taking it to the professionals makes perfect sense. However, you don’t want to end up with a failed project, so a set of FAQs could help you select the pool builders and clear your image about the whole “having a pool in the backyard” project.
1. Why should you hire professional pool builders?
When you’re hiring professional pool builders, they will know (or so they should) about the best materials for the job. They will save you a lot of time, knowing the tools, materials, and papers they need for completing the project.
You may be tempted to do it on your own (scroll down for the details), but you should look very well in the cost-efficiency matter. Many contractors get discounts for the materials, which isn’t the case for a regular customer like yourself.
Don’t forget about the quality of the work. Even if you know your way around the building, you still don’t know as many things as professionals know.
2. Is the company insured and licensed?
Even though it’s possible, you should never work with a company that has no license or insurance. There’s always the risk of accidents occurring throughout the building and installation of the pool, and you need to stay legal in case something goes wrong.
A company that provides both insurance and license is trustworthy, so don’t hesitate to ask for the paper the first time you meet with them.
3. What’s the experience level of the pool builders?
We’re not saying that new pool builders cannot do it, we’re just saying that experience matters. Adding a pool is a significant investment, and you want to do it with someone that is in the business for some time. After all, a nice and well build swimming pool may very well increase the value of your property, which is another reason for you to choose the pool builder wisely.
4. Can they show the most recent projects?
A reliable pool builder will be willing to show you the most recent projects. It’s the very first thing that you want to see when you meet a pool builder. Not only that, you get to see what he’s able to build, but you also get ideas for your pool.
5. Are they able to provide you former client references?
Only seeing some pictures may not be enough, and it’s great if you’re able to have a chat with previous customers. A reliable company of pool builders is going to be more than happy to give you the phone numbers of former clients. As long as the previous clients were satisfied with their job, there shouldn’t be any problem whatsoever in your speaking with old customers. It can even help you make a decision faster.
6. Is it possible to see any of their recent and old work?
The best way to tell about the professionalism of the pool builders is to see their work. If any of their clients are willing to show you the pools, don’t hesitate and check them out.
Take a look at recent works and older projects too. You get to make an idea about pools’ durability and the progress in terms of materials, details, finishes, and more too.
7. How long will it take for them to finish the pool?
Even if nobody can tell you precisely, you can get a general idea about how long it will take them to finish your pool.
A dependable contractor will be capable of providing you a precise turnaround time. It depends a lot on the complexity of the project and installation, but you can get an approximate date, nevertheless.
8. Will they give you a warranty for the pool?
It’s better that you obtain a warranty for the pool installation so that you’re protected in case of mistakes. Should the company be experienced enough, there’s no reason for you to worry. But there’s always a risk, no matter how great they are at their job.
Having said that, keep in mind to ask for a warranty.
9. Can you add different features to the pool?
A swimming pool can be a lot more than just a big tub in your backyard. Should you lack the imagination, talk to the contractor about the features that you can add. Outdoor kitchen, a slide, custom outdoor lighting, or a pergola are only some of the many features that you can add to your swimming pool.
If you ever dreamed about having a beautiful backyard fun center, now it’s the perfect moment to engage in a sophisticated project.
10. How much will you pay for it?
Frankly, it would help if you never opened the discussion with a possible contractor with this question. It depends a lot on the particularities of your land, the project per se, and everything that you want to add to your project.
Once it’s clear for you what you wish to build, the contractor should be able to give you a precise quote for the pool, according to the particularities of your swimming pool/project.
11. Can you get pool maintenance from the pool builder?
It doesn’t take to be rocket science to know that you cannot have a swimming pool without pool maintenance. Constant cleaning, chemical balancing, opening, and closing the pool every season are fundamental steps when it comes to pool maintenance.
Many pool builder companies provide maintenance as well. Stick with a long term plan as it’s going to be saving you a penny in the long run.
12. How do you know that the swimming pool is well built?
A good solid plan is one key for a successfully built swimming pool. When the contractor has all the details, and the experience, the chance for your project to succeed is higher.
Anyway, the contractor should provide you construction checklist, with pictures and details that help you comprehend every stage of the building process. Check the list every step of the way so that you make sure that your swimming pool project goes as planned.
13. Is it possible to build a pool on your own?
It’s not a straightforward answer, and it depends a lot on your craftsmanship skills and experience. The size of the pool and the money you’ll be saving when building it on your own are fundamental aspects to consider.
When you check the numbers between building on your own and building the pool with a professional company, the differences may be impressive. It’s widespread for the pool companies to keep at least a 20% cost to profit ratio at a minimum, but it can get higher than that (the size of the project matters).
Don’t forget that if you’re going to build the swimming pool on your own, you will also need to obtain all the construction permits too. With a third of customers building swimming pools on their own, we can say that the project is doable for sure. But only when you have the skills.
14. Is it possible to do parts on your own and hire sub-contractors as well?
In all fairness, you can build a swimming pool on your own when your budget is tight and have the skills too. It helps a lot if you have someone in the construction business to provide you some guidance through the building process.
When some of the parts of the project aren’t your domain of expertise, you can find and hire sub-contractors for support. Not everyone knows electrics, and it’s okay. It’s still going to cost you less than hiring a pool builder company (once again, it’s only for the skilled customer!).