Every year, more than 38 million plastic water bottles wind up in landfills in the United States.
But with a study by the Natural Resources Defence Council finding that 18 million Americans have access to public water that’s contaminated with lead or other contaminants, you might not be eager to drink from your tap, either. Water filters have now become a basic necessity for each house.
With the passage of time, various technologies have changed the making of filter plants for normal houses. In hotels and big organizations, they tend to opt for bigger filter plants.
That’s where a whole-home water filtering machine comes in. Keep reading to learn why you need one, as well as how to choose the best whole house water filter on the market today.
- What Is a Home Water Filter?
- What to Look into a Water Filter?
- Choosing the Best Whole House Water Filter
- Aquasana EQ-1000
- Home Master HMF3ASGFEC
- Home Master HMF2SMGCC Whole House 2-Stage Water Filter
- 3M Aqua-Pure AP904 Water Filter System
- Pelican PSE2000 Water Filtration System
- Healthy Water, Healthy Home
- Consider the key risks
What Is a Home Water Filter?
If you want to enjoy filtered water straight from your home’s sinks, you need a whole house water filtration system.
Whether your home’s water supply comes from the city pipes or a well, a home water filter stops contaminants before they can get to your sinks.
Depending on the type of filter, it does this in a variety of ways. Some filters get rid of everything, from iron to the hardness in your water. Others only remove chlorine.
Chlorine changes the taste of your water and gives it an odor that many people dislike in their drinking water. While it is necessary for public water supply, it isn’t great for your skin, your clothes, or your body. That’s why the best water filter dispensers get rid of it.
What to Look into a Water Filter?
In this section, we will see what must be checked while picking up a water filtering plant for you and your loved one. Many times the vendors will claim that they will install the best water filter system at your house, but I know that most of the buyers are not satisfied even after picking up the best as most of them do not know about the criteria for buying the best water filter plant for their house and office.
- The filtration rate, most people do not bother asking about it, every filter has got a specific filtration rate and beyond that, there will be minimum filtration. While purchasing a water filter for your house, you must keep in mind that the daily water consumption does not exceed the maximum limit of the filter.
- Impurity checks can be essential, but most of the carbon filters in your water filter system can take out the essential minerals as well. in this regard, when you want to keep the minerals you must check for the UV filter system.
- Installing a high-class water filter system is always recommended but, while choosing them you must keep in mind that you have to clear and maintain it all alone, so do not be a fool. The reverse osmosis filter will require some experts to maintain it. In case you have got hard water, then there can be severe issues in the filter as magnesium and calcium will be stuck in the filter and it will be nearly indispensable.
- Plan a budget before having a water filter system, if it is not affordable then ask the vendors about something which can fall under your budget extreme. Many water filters work with electricity, so you must make sure that you have got a sound idea about how much money you will have to pay afterward.
- The size of the filter, this point is in direct relation with the amount of water you need to filter every day.
Choosing the Best Whole House Water Filter
Now that you know why a house water filter is so important, it’s time to choose the right one. We’ve check water purification system reviews to bring you the 7 best on the market today.
The higher the filter capacity of your home water filter, the longer it will last.
The Aquasana EQ-1000 has a capacity of 1,000,000 gallons. For a family of three, using roughly 100 gallons of water per day, per person, that means this filter will last 10 years.
And even if it doesn’t, with a 10-year limited warranty, you’re sure to get a decade of good use out of this filter.
Of course, any complicated, high-quality water filtration system is going to come with a complicated installation process. A company like Filtap can help make sure that your whole home water filtration system is properly installed.
Home Master HMF3ASGFEC
This is one of the best water filters on the market for those using well water.
It uses a 3-stage process to filter out contaminants and make your water as pure and taste-free as possible.
Home Master HMF2SMGCC Whole House 2-Stage Water Filter
Home Master doesn’t just make filters for those using well water. This water is perfect for those on tap water. It uses a 2-stage system to filter out contaminants.
Affordable and easy to install, this filter treats not just chlorine, but also chloramine and a variety of other contaminants.
3M Aqua-Pure AP904 Water Filter System
If you like DIYing your home maintenance, this is the water filter for you.
Rated high as the best water filter for easy maintenance, this system makes it easy to change your filters, no wrenches or messy clean-up required.
Pelican PSE2000 Water Filtration System
Some water filters also feature a water softener. A water softener can make your water gentler on your hair and clothing, and reduce soap scum build-up in showers and tubs.
If soft water is high on your list, this water filtration system may be right for you.
Healthy Water, Healthy Home
The best whole house water filter will help your family enjoy healthier, tastier water straight from the tap.
For more tips on enjoying a healthier home, check out the rest of our blog.
Consider the key risks
You should have an arrangement for reacting successfully to emergencies that can occur during an event. For instance, on the off chance if you suddenly face chokes in pipes or water filters, you have to need the help from Castle Rock’s emergency services for all types of plumbing emergencies, heating emergencies, and leak emergencies.