Renovating new or already existing buildings can be really stressful. The removal of tiles, plasterboards, or marbles requires technical reconstruction which increases expenses and consumes time. Thanks to technology, an innovative way of simplifying the process of renovation has been created.
Microcement is a decorative material designed to create new interiors and exteriors. It is composed basically of cement, liquid polymer, mineral pigments, dry powder, and additives. Its high adherence property makes it suitable to be applied on top of already existing walls, floors, tiles, marbles, and other materials.
The versatile nature of its design makes it possible for the material to be used for all kinds of settings. Whether you are looking to refurbish an office, a kitchen, swimming pool, a bathroom, restaurant, hotel, sports center, or private house, microcement is suitable for all building types. The following features allow for flexibility of the material:
- Thinness : this feature allows you to easily apply over surfaces without needing to change doors. Its thinness increases its ability to adhere to curved and flat surfaces.
- Multiple colors : the material has a variety of colors from pink to white, green, blue, black, gray, etc. These varieties can be applied on any surface to create an aesthetic appeal without fear of a color riot.
- Water-resistant : because of its ability to repel water, the material can be used on any part of a building such as a kitchen and a toilet.
In a bid to make the product user-friendly, companies such as SmartCret have created a ready-to-use microcement. This allows individuals without experience to effectively apply the material on surfaces.
The efficiency is made easier because the material is customized. All an individual needs to do is decide what space he/she wants to reform, choose a custom microcement kit and apply. Below are some of the company’s customized microcement:
- Ready-to-use Microcement in bathrooms ;
- Ready-to-use Microcement in kitchens ;
- Ready-to-use Microcement on floors ;
- Ready-to-use Microcement on walls.
The DIY application process consists of five easy steps which include:
- Smoothing: The initial step concerns the smoothing of the surface, so it is evened out for further steps.
- Application of fiberglass : this is used to help in the application of the base Microcement and in blocking rising damp.
- Application of Finishing Microcement : here a protective tape is placed and the finishing Microcement is applied to produce aesthetic effects.
- Sealing : The sealer eliminates the absorption from the microcement and begins to make it waterproof. It additionally upgrades the color shade of the microcement.
- Polishing : at this final stage, a varnish is applied to the Microcement to protect it from cleaning products. Afterward, the surface is cleaned out and polished.
Advantages of making a reform with microcement
Microcement offers great possibilities for individuals and companies looking to reform their interiors and exteriors. Below is a summary of the benefits the material provides:
- Easy maintenance and cleaning procedures ;
- Stability against ultraviolet rays which causes abrasion ;
- Prevention of the emission of toxic substances, as the material, is produced with mineral components ;
- Multiplicity of use. It serves various interior and exterior designs ;
- Germ and Infection free.