If you’re having problems with your household garbage produced, then you have come to the right place. We are here to help you manage your home waste efficiently. We will provide you with some good tips and tricks by which you will be able to generate lesser waste and make a lesser impact on the environment. Firstly, you should remember there are 3 main types of waste generated in a household- organic waste, recyclable waste, and toxic waste.
Organic waste consists mainly of food scraps, gardening waste, lawn chipping etc.
Recyclable waste consists of glass, plastic, paper, and metal.
Toxic waste consists mainly of medicines, paints, chemicals, fertilizers, shoe polish etc.
Recyclable and toxic wastes can be considered as inorganic as they are non-biodegradable.
5 ideas on how you can manage home waste efficiently: –
- Say No to plastic bags: – Stop the use of plastic bags. Plastic bags contribute a lot to your household waste produced. Doesn’t matter where you are shopping, always remember to bring your own cloth bag. Next time you go to the store, make sure you buy some reusable cloth bags and remember to always take them out with you when you go shopping instead of accepting the plastic ones they offer. In case you forget to bring your cloth bag then ask the store to pack your products in a single plastic bags instead of using multiple ones. Also, most stores have started using the reusable bags so ask if there is any available.
- Remove packaging at the Store: – Try to purchase goods with less packaging. Readymade garments are a good example which contains multiple layers of packaging, try them out in the store itself and remove most of the packaging before you take it, unless it is supposed to be a gift.
- Buy food items in bulk: – Food items have the most amount of packaging. If you are the kind of person who buys a lot of packaged food then refrain yourself from doing that next time. Purchasing a lot of packaged food is like purchasing a lot of garbage too. Try purchasing food item that comes inside a container which you can reuse, purchase food with less packaging. One good idea is to buy food items in bulk, this way you won’t have to go to the store all the time and you will also reduce the amount of packaging waste produced.
- Use the organic waste as manure: – If you have a garden then collect the organic waste, such as food leftovers and use them as a manure for your plants (crops). Search on the internet on ideas about how to compost and it will help you a lot by reducing the amount of organic waste produced daily.
- Dumpster rentals: – Roll off dumpster rentals can help you out immensely when it comes to disposing of waste. Search on the internet and find some local companies out there, contact them and negotiate your price. This was you will not have to worry about dumping the garbage. Just keep piling the dust and debris in the dumpster and when the time comes the rental company will come and take it out for dumping. Dumpster rentals can also be very useful during home renovation as it produces a lot of construction waste which can be taken care of all together.
Managing your waste effectively not only helps you, but also helps the environment to a great extent. Use our ideas and you will surely be able to manage your household waste produced each day. We hope this article helped you, share the ideas on how you manage your household waste daily on the comment box below!