Relocating to a new home can be a nightmare. The mere thought of mopping floors, washing windows to many tedious tasks give you the stress of cleaning new home all by yourself.
Instead of putting the deep cleaning task aside, it is worth considering hiring a professional moving company in Adelaide which get your new apartment radiant in no time.
Room-By-Room Tips For Cleaning Your New Home
There is no better time to deep clean your home before the items arrive and placed at their ideal spots. Once the rooms are filled with furniture and other required stuff, you can’t expect cleaning to be efficient and complete. While it is empty, get down to work.
The very room you will desperately want to use once you are out after a bath in the washroom. The only place where you relax after a tiring day should be cleaned dedicatedly.
- To clean the windows, use a glass cleaning product.
- Dust off all the furniture and fixtures – beds, dressing tables, cabinets, and shelves.
- Use a disinfectant spray to clean the entire furniture items.
- To remove debris off the carpeted floor, use a vacuum cleaner and then mop the entire bedroom floor.
As soon as your movers depart, the first thing you would do is a relaxing shower. So, get ready to clean your washroom as you want:
- First, clean the exhaust fans.
- Replace the toilet seat and cover.
- To scrub the bathroom shower or tub, use a specialised cleaner.
- Replace the old shower curtains with new ones you have got.
- Don’t forget to clean the inside and outside of the medicine cabinet and the small area behind the toilet bowl.
- Replace the old sink faucets with new ones if they are worn out.
- Scrub all bathroom fixtures – walls, towel and clothes racks, doors using an all-purpose cleaner to clean the room
- At last, vacuum the bathroom floor and mop until it shines.
The kitchen in any home is the hub of the family. It’s the place where all your loved ones gather together and spend a lot of time together. So, as you move the new home kitchen should be clean where everyone feels comfortable.
- Clean the refrigerator well with a sponge and mild cleaning product. Leave the door open for some time to dry it out. If still a bad residual smell exists, keep some baking soda in the fridge to neutralise the odour.
- Turn to the stove now, wipe the stovetop with a disinfectant spray. You could also remove the stovetop parts to clean them individually in the running water. Take out the oven tray, clean the tray and use the sponge to wipe the oven inside completely.
- Make sure to wipe off the dust and fumes from kitchen counters, drawers, and cabinets with a disinfectant spray for faster results.
- Scrub the kitchen faucet and sink, if necessary replace the faucets with new ones. Do pay attention to the inside of the sink.
- Vacuum the kitchen floor and mop it completely with a cleaning product suitable for tile or wooden flooring.
Rest Of The Home
After duly cleaning those important rooms of your new home, it’s time to follow a more general house-cleaning checklist:
- Clean all surfaces that look stained and dirty.
- Considering windows, blinds, corners, doors, light fixtures, make arrangements to dust each room in a good way.
- Vacuum all the rooms of your new home including the corridors and hallways.
- Mop all tile floors and hardwood floors with high-quality cleaners.
Cleaning is inevitably the most tiresome task the moment you move into your new home. Thus, having reputed movers in Adelaide by your side would make the transition a lot easier and hassle-free for you and your family members. While you throw a house-warming party, cleaning professionals would do their part to make your move a successful and happy one.
Can you think of any more cleaning tips while moving to a new home? Do drop in the comments below.