Updated Oct. 24, 2018
Before you can get to the right commercial vacuum cleaner for you, you need to ask yourself some questions.
Commercial vacuums vary much by type, so for instance you can choose between a wet and dry vacuum or get a dry only vacuum. You may also pick a vacuum that sucks in hazardous material if your needs go that way.
You need to think about what kind of surface you’re going to clean with the vacuum, as it’s one thing when you vacuum a 15,000 square foot building and a totally different thing when you want a vacuum for your apartment. So the type of space that you’re going to clean is important when choosing the vacuum cleaner.
Take a good look at the floor and keep in mind the type of carpet you’re going to be vacuuming. Is it high pile residential carpet of commercial carpet?
It’s also a good thing to know if your vacuum cleaner is going to pick up metal or if it’s going to be used on board tools also.
You need to think at who’s going to be at the end of the vacuum … As understanding how a commercial vacuum works is very important.
The design of your vacuum is also a thing to consider, as you may choose from an upright to a backpack/shoulder strap vacuum. Don’t forget that a commercial vacuum is typically heavy weight as it’s more powerful than a regular one.
- What’s a commercial vacuum?
- What type of vacuum should you pick?
- When a commercial vacuum is not enough…
- The Top 22 Commercial Vacuum Reviews
- Best Backpack Commercial Vacuums
- Best Upright Commercial Vacuum
- Best Commercial Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
- Best Canister Commercial Vacuum Cleaner
- Best Cordless Commercial Vacuum Cleaner
- Best Commercial Vacuum Cleaner with Steam
What’s a commercial vacuum?
Simply taking a regular home vacuum and changing its color and making its cord longer doesn’t make it a commercial vacuum, for sure.
Commercial cleaning involves a tough powerful vacuum cleaner, especially designed for the task. It doesn’t mean you may only use it for commercial spaces, as some homes do need a commercial model for cleaning.
What type of vacuum should you pick?
You need to think about what’s more comfortable for you. You may want to go for an upright vacuum, which is a standing unit with the nozzle at the base of the unit. The upright vacuum typically is larger and more powerful than a canister/backpack vacuum, but at the same time it’s a bit more difficult to operate.
The canister (shoulder strapped/handled) vacuum is made of two parts: the nozzle and the body, and sucks in through a hose. This kind of vacuum is easy to carry around and works great when vacuuming stairs.
The backpack vacuum is similar to the canister vacuum and it also consists of two parts. You may wear it as a backpack which makes it great when cleaning spaces with stairs. You may vacuum in half circle sweeps with this kind of vacuum as you walk, which makes it fast to use and easier to clean. A hard floor surface is the typical vacuuming surface with the backpack vacuum. Whenever you need to clean up large spaces, this is the type of vacuum you need to get. You need not worry about dirt or debris that might break the fans as in a backpack vacuum they all go directly into a bag.
When a commercial vacuum is not enough…
If you want to give your floor a sparkling shine, you may also use a floor polisher/buffer. Your budget needs to go a bit higher as this is a big investment. A low-speed floor buffer works great for a home or a small space, whereas the high-speed buffers are the best choice for commercial sized buildings.
A commercial carpet shampooer is another tool that needs to be picked considering the size of the surface to clean. The wider the head, the more surface are you can shampoo faster. The wider the head though, the higher the price too. A commercial shampooer is a one pass shampooer and is more powerful and longer lasting.
The Top 22 Commercial Vacuum Reviews
1). Small, yet presenting an impressive power suction, the Sanitaire SC3683B Detail Cleaning Commercial Vacuum is one option not to skip on when buying.
Lightweight and comfortable, the vacuum is HEPA-ready and comes with option for HEPA exhaust filter. It’s a reliable choice for cleaning deep pile carpets, bare floors and hard surfaces as well. It comes with carpet cleaning attachment for the area rugs and the low-pile carpet.
You’re going to be able to get in the difficult to access areas thanks to the telescopic metal wand, whereas the commercial 20ft- double insulated power cord is going to give you plenty of freedom for movement when cleaning.
The motor has 1200 watts of power and the vacuum is CRI green label approved so it’s dependable for soil removal, carpet appearance retention and dust containment.
Easy to use and pretty lightweight, the vacuum comes with an attractive price too so it’s pretty hard to say “no” to.
Here’s what we like the most about it:
- It’s lightweight and easy to operate
- It comes with a strong motor
- It’s efficient on many types of surfaces
- It’s comfortable and comes with plenty of features
The downsides aren’t major:
- It may get hot after a while
- It doesn’t store compact
Nevertheless, as the good outweigh the bad, the vacuum is a solid option especially for the tight budget.
2). When it comes to the Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS 8 Pound Commercial Upright Vacuum, the list of things we like about it is pretty long so you should give it a chance when shopping.
Great to use on all sorts of surfaces, the upright vacuum comes with Micro Sweep technology so its performances don’t disappointing.
The list of features that ease up the use is long and each of them is important to mention. The on/off button is placed on the handgrip, whereas the automatic floor adjustments makes vacuuming a lot easier as you no longer have to change any settings when moving from carpets to hard surfaces- it does the adjustments on its own.
The high-speed and balanced brush roll comes with double helix brushes whirls, whereas the cord comes with cord guards for protection.
The vacuum presents a low profile design so storing it isn’t going to be a problem. It’s a top-fill design so that the vacuum is going to give maximum power even when the bag is full.
The suction is impressive and the small head gets in tight places as well. The sweeper bag is quite large and the cord has a good length for comfortable use.
Made in our USA, the vacuum comes for a good price and comes with accessories as well.
Here are the best parts about it:
- It has a smart design and a compact look
- It’s easy and comfortable to use
- It has several features that ease up the use
- It’s sturdy, yet lightweight
The minor issues aren’t deal breakers:
- It’s not very quiet
- Not everyone enjoys the color of the cord
All in all, for a good price you get a strong, lightweight and compact vacuum that is money well spent any given day.
The vacuum comes with Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and HEPA filters. Its canister is easy to lift away and the swivel steering is easy to handle all over the house.
The motorized brush roll is easy to turn on/off, and the vacuum may be used on both bare floors and carpets. It also comes with a Premium pet brush so that’s great to have when you have furry friends in the house.
The power cord is long, the dust cup is quite large and the suction is easy to adjust. The vacuum can pick up chunky dirt and it runs quiet.
The felt sponge filters are washable, the wand is easy to release…and so on. The list of good things is quite long and you’re going to have to try it and see it for yourself.
Let’s list the main good things:
- It’s easy to operate and lightweight
- It runs pretty quiet
- It comes with many features
- It’s great to use on all sorts of surfaces
The minor problems don’t make us change our mind:
- It doesn’t have any lights
- It may tip rather easily
Packed with so many good features, the vacuum isn’t going to disappoint and buying it is not a shot in the dark.
4). The more you pay, the more you should expect from your vacuum and the Hoover Platinum Collection Lightweight Bagged Upright with Canister sure fits the bill. For just one price, you actually get an upright and a canister vacuum as well.
Don’t let its appearance fool you as the upright vacuum cleaner is rather lightweight. It comes with a strong 12-amp motor and direct air-flow technology and wind-tunnel technology which ensures its efficiency.
The vacuum has 2 speeds and illuminated fingertip controls, easing the operation. The HEPA bag is self-cleaning and the check-bag indicator is going to tell you when it’s time for a cleaning.
The same thing goes for the canister vacuum which is strong and dependable too. It’s safe to use on bare floors and carpets.
The wand is telescoping and the vacuum comes with bare-floor brush and dusting-brush, for more versatility.
The canister comes with dusting/furniture brush and the shoulder strap is easy to detach. The bag is easy to remove and the vacuum doesn’t have a commercial feel to it.
The long cord, the comfortable use and the pleasant appearance, turn the vacuum cleaner into a wise investment any given day.
Let’s go over the good things briefly:
- It’s a canister and a upright model in one
- It’s strong, yet comfortable to use
- It comes with illuminated in-handle controls
- It presents many good features
The downsides are nothing to worry about:
- The handle could use a better placement
- The HEPA bag on the canister could be bigger
Reliable and versatile, the vacuum still stands as a dependable option for all sorts of needs and budgets.
5). When the price tag is the last thing you check on your vacuum, shopping is a lot easier for you. Therefore, it shouldn’t be a problem for you to take the plunge and put your trust and faith in a vacuum like the ProTeam Backpack Vacuums Super CoachVac HEPA Commercial Backpack Vacuum Cleaner.
The backpack design is the first thing to notice on the vacuum and it makes sense that this one is easy to clean with, especially the large and commercial areas.
The vacuum comes with high filtration and a strong motor so it’s one good option for cleaning large meeting facilities, schools, building contractors and the very big residencies. The power suction is impressive and the vacuum performs great on all sorts of surfaces: carpets, hard floors, stairs. You can confidently use it on above-floor surfaces too (vents, fans, lighting).
Body friendly and great on weight balance, the vacuum ensures minimum accidental contact with walls and doorways. It comes with many accessories and HEPA Medial filters. The harness is ajustabale and the backpack fits really close to body.
The hose is very flexible so you get plenty of freedom when vacuuming. The vacuum comes with accessories that explain its versatility and performance.
Easy to maneuver, the vacuum has a long lasting feel to it and it’s made to take the heavy-duty jobs.
Here are our favs about it:
- It comes with strong motor and adjustable harness
- You get accessories to use on various surfaces, it’s also good as a vacuum for frieze carpet
- It’s comfortable and easy to use
- It’s made for the intense jobs
The cons are no reason to back down:
- It doesn’t come with wheels, so make sure it’s the ‘backpack” vacuum type that you want
- It’s not a cheap vacuum
Even if its price may be its main pet peeve, the vacuum is one heavy-duty option to try especially for cleaning the industrial buildings.
6). If ever in need for a wet/dry vacuum and you only have a few bucks to spare, put your trust and faith in a vacuum like the Vacmaster VF408 4 Gallon, 5 Peak HP with 2-Stage Industrial Motor Wet/Dry Floor Vacuum.
The vacuum comes with an 18ft. cord with cord wrap and the auto-rewind button is great when you want to put the vacuum away.
The floor combo nozzle has a good size and the vacuum also comes with 3 extension wands, a dust brush and a crevice tool for the tight spaces. The HEPA rated cartridge filter makes the vacuum a good choice for anyone fighting the allergies, as it keeps the allergens at distance.
The versatility of the vacuum is good and its 2-in-1 utility nozzle does a good job in many situations.
The vacuum is easy to put together and its on-board and rear caddy are so helpful for storing the accessories.
The on/off dust sealed switch is easy to operate and the vacuum comes with a secure fit hose.
The vacuum is powerful and comes with a strong 2-stage industrial motor so it’s quiet and durable. The suction power is big and the vacuum is lightweight, despite its size and power. The motor is double insulated so the risk for overheating is minor.
The large rear wheels help the vacuum roll smoothly and the vacuum is also easy to lift when in need.
The vacuum is well made and works well, becoming a good choice for many.
Let’s sum it all up:
- The vacuum is a powerful wet/dry floor vacuum
- It comes with 2-stage motor that is strong, yet quiet
- The vacuum is easy to lift and to roll
- It comes with many features and accessories
The minor issues shouldn’t be a problem for you:
- When rolling, it may catch some things
- It may tip over as its top is heavy
For the money you pay, we’d say you’re not going to end up with a lemon and you may depend on the vacuum in many situations.
7). Some manufacturers seem to know their business when it comes to commercial vacuums and Sanitaire is definitely one. Another great option for you to try is the Sanitaire SC679J Commercial Shake Out Bag Upright Vacuum Cleaner with 5 Amp Motor, 12″ Cleaning Pat. Lightweight and powerful, this one sure makes a nice impression when in use, especially considering its price.
This upright vacuum is easy to use as it’s lightweight and presents an ergonomic design. It comes with a Tietex fabric shakeout bag that you may empty when it’s time. You don’t ever have to worry about remaining without the disposable bags, as this one doesn’t use any.
The 5amp motor is strong and the power suction is amazing, which is why the vacuum may not be the best choice for some small carpets or the stairs. Despite its strength though, the vacuum isn’t very loud.
The vacuum comes with many features that ease the use. For instance, the handle presents an automatic locking system with a foot pedal release, dropping down flat when you need to clean under furniture. These features make storage a lot easier as well and the vacuum gets a more compact shape thanks to this feature.
Another thing we really like on the vacuum is that you may manually adjust its height to one of the four positions. This is very useful when cleaning various flooring surfaces.
The power cord has a good length (30ft.) and you may easily hook the cord-wrap on the handle hold when not in use. The power switch is foot-operated and it’s mounted on the motor hood, easing up the use.
Let’s add on the list of good things the furniture guard bumper that protects both your furniture and walls.
Even though you may need to assembly a bit your vacuum, it does come with instructions that aren’t difficult to follow.
The vacuum presents also a CRI Seal of Approval for soil removal and indoor air quality so it’s a dependable commercial vacuum to use.
Here are the most important good aspects to mention:
- The vacuum is lightweight, yet powerful
- The power suction is great, but the vacuum isn’t loud
- It’s easy to use and to store
- It comes with many good features
We’re not forgetting about the downsides:
- It’s not the best choice for stairs
- The extension cord could be longer
All in all, for a low price, you get a dependable, strong and lightweight vacuum cleaner that makes a great job on many types of surfaces.
8). Giving an amazing freedom of move when in use, the Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away Upright Vacuum brings many good things to the table, becoming a great option for many.
The vacuum is very easy to use and its Lift-Away feature means you only need to press a button for lifting the canister away when trying to get in the hard-to-reach areas.
You may use the vacuum as an upright vacuum or Lift-Away, when you need more portability on cleaning. This makes the vacuum versatile and dependable in so many situations.
The vacuum comes with a Premium Per Power brush that is very effective when cleaning the pet hair and debris. You’re going to get a deep cleaning of dander from all sorts of surfaces.
The vacuum nozzle comes with LED lights so you may clean better the dim lit areas as well. The Advanced Swivel steering gives you more visibility and control when working around the furniture.
The dust capacity is very large and the vacuum doesn’t lose its suction power when it’s full. The completely sealed system with a HEPA filter keeps at distance the allergens, becoming safer for the allergic customer. The air blowing out has a fresh smell and this is also a good thing.
Even though it’s strong, the vacuum is rather quiet and lightweight. The dust cup is large and the car detailing kit is very useful when cleaning your car.
The vacuum is easy to put together and easy to empty. Its head is narrow so cleaning the tight areas is going to be a lot easier. The power cord is long and the vacuum is so easy to handle.
Listing the most important features:
- You may use the vacuum in up-right position
- It comes with Lift-Away feature for more portability
- The dust cup is large and the head is narrow
- It comes with HEPA filter and led lights on the nozzle
The downsides are nothing major:
- The hose is a tad stiff
- The lights could be stronger
Regardless, for the versatility, lightweight and power, the vacuum shouldn’t be missed on when in need.
9). If you’re looking for a portable commercial vacuum, you’re not far from getting the perfect vacuum with the Hoover Commercial Vacuum Cleaner TaskVac Cordless 18 Volt.
The vacuum comes with an 8 Volt Li-Io battery so it gives power, without having you to pull or to stumble in a long power cord.
The Wind Tunnel Technology on the vacuum makes it effective for lifting and removing surface debris. The power suction is good and the vacuum helps you get even the deepest down embedded dirt.
The brush roll on the vacuum is dependable for picking up dust and debris on carpet. When cleaning the hard floors, you simply switch the brush roll off.
The vacuum comes with many useful features and the fuel gauge is just another one to mention. This displays the remaining battery life so you always know when you have to remove the battery for charging.
The vacuum isn’t just easy to use, but also easy to clean. The bottom release dirt cup lets you easily dispose debris when it’s time.
The 2-layer microfiltration with the extra 2-layer micro-filter helps you get rid of all the allergens and dust.
You can clean very well the edges also as the vacuum comes with edge cleaning bristles. The cleaner mouth is wide and it’s easier for you now to clean up dry spills.
It’s also easier to get under counter edges and furniture as the vacuum presents a low-profile base. The extreme recline handle goes far and easy under furniture.
Lightweight, small and highly portable, the vacuum is a commercial option for anyone going for the cordless vacuum.
Here’s what we like the most about this vacuum:
- It comes with Li-Io rechargeable battery
- It’s highly portable and lightweight
- It’s easy to use and to carry around
- It comes with Wind Tunnel Technology for more suction power
The inherent flaws shouldn’t change your mind:
- Some reported the switch on/off button breaking after few months
- It’s not the most powerful vacuum out there
For the high portability and ease of use, you should put your money at stake with the cordless Hoover this time as well.
10). The dual-motor system on the ProTeam ProForce 1500XP Bagged Upright Vacuum Cleaner ensures a great suction power.
The upright vacuum has power for the brush roller and the suction motor as well. It’s a great choice when cleaning the high-pile carpet and hardwood floors. It comes with a flexible hose and cleaning wand that gets you in the heard-to-reach areas.
The Four Advanced Filtration with HEPA filter increases the Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) and the allergic customers are safer when using the vacuum.
The vacuum is easy to maneuver all over the house thanks to its large, rubberized wheels that move nice and easy on various surfaces. The power cord is an impressive 50-ft. long so you may never have to unplug when cleaning.
The build of the vacuum is also something else to talk about and the high-impact molded plastic exterior recommends it for the heavy-duty jobs in hotels, motels, and more.
The vacuum is also adjustable to various cleaning surface heights to it’s versatile and dependable all over the house.
The on-board tool storage adds up to the list of good features and the vacuum presents the Carpet and Rug Institute Seal of Approval (CRI).
Here are our favorite parts:
- The vacuum has a dual-motor system
- It’s powerful and not loud
- It presents a Four Advanced Filtration with HEPA filter
- It’s well made and has a 50ft. long power cord
Don’t stress about the minor issues:
- The vacuum is a tad heavy
- It does include some low-grade plastic parts as well
Despite the minor problems, for the power, the portability and very long power cord, the vacuum is still a heavy-duty option to rely on.
Best Backpack Commercial Vacuums
11). Hoover Commercial C2401 Shoulder Vac Pro Backpack Vacuum is a heavy duty backpack vacuum with many great features and here are our pros:
- This may carry up to 6.4 quarts of dust and debris
- The design is approved by chiropractors
- This is easy to carry around
- It comes with HEPA filtration which takes away allergens, pollens, dust mites and more
- This is lightweight
- The vacuum is small
- There is a long metal wand on it
- The vacuum is pretty quiet
- There is a clear dorm lid so you know when you need to empty the bag
- The cord is very long
- You may easily vacuum the stairs with this
- It’s very easy to set up this
- The vacuum is also helpful when cleaning your car
- It comes with a great variety of tools
- The suction is amazing
- There is good filtration on this vacuum
- It comes with 2-year commercial warranty
- The vacuum is compact so that you can clean the narrow, small spaces also
- You may use this with a shakeout cloth liner or a disposable paper bag insert
- The vacuum is versatile and powerful
- It comes with backpack, 60” positive locking hose, two-piece straight metal wands, crevice tool, turbo floor tool, dusting brush and upholstery tool
- The straps are comfortable
Along with the good features, come some negatives:
- You need some time to get used to wearing the backpack
- It’s a bit weird to put on/take off the backpack
- It’s quite messy to empty the bag
- This is not for cleaning the carpets
- There is no beater bar
- This is a bit bulky to use
These cons are not deal breakers though and you need to focus on the positives of this powerful vacuum.
12). Another heavy duty vacuum, yet easy to use and carry around is the ProTeam Commercial Backpack Vacuum Cleaner.
Here are the pros that got us:
- This is great for cleaning hard floors, upholstery, ceiling, blinds, vents, fans, lighting
- The HEPA filter makes this efficient for increasing the indoor air quality
- This comes in a Commercial Home kit, which includes various floor tools for hard surfaces or carpet, tools for high/low cleaning and a mesh storage bag
- There is a mesh bag for all the accessories which makes it very efficient to store
- The backpack is lightweight and easy to use
- The backpack is versatile and body friendly
- There is a 3year warranty on motor, labor and other parts
- The vacuum has a low profile
- There is good design on the safety cord holder on waist belt
- There are only top quality accessories
- There is easy access to filters
- The vacuum has great details and gives a good fit
- It’s easy to out this together
- The cord is very long
- This is built to last
- There are 2-piece aluminum wand with button lock
- This comes with Turbo Brush, claw nozzle, felt brush floor tool, micro filter bag
- The vacuum is rather quiet
- There is flexible hose for better handling
- The wand is telescoping which means adjustable for more comfort
As for the cons, here they are:
- The wand is pretty thick
- It’s difficult to clean the small, tight areas with this
- The vacuum doesn’t dig out pet hair from carpets
- It takes more place to store than an upright vacuum
All in all, this is still a reliable, versatile, heavy duty backpack vacuum cleaner with minimal to none negative sides.
Best Upright Commercial Vacuum
13). If you feel an upright vacuum cleaner is the best option for you, don’t hesitate to try this Sanitaire SC899F Commercial Shake Out Bag Wide Upright.
Here are the pros that got us:
- There is a Shake-Out bag system which means you don’t need to buy disposable bags
- The power cord is very long
- This comes with a 2year warranty
- This vacuum is ideal for building service, education, hotels
- The vacuum has setting for high pile
- The parts are high quality
- The suction is very strong
- This is easy to operate
- There is an extra wide rotary brush for the large areas to clean
- The design is good and the vacuum is sturdy
- The size is great
- The vacuum looks amazing there’s great style to it
- There is a safety stop feature on this
- The vacuum is easy to empty
On the other hand, there are some things that need to be improved on this so here are our cons:
- This doesn’t work well on hard wood and tile
- There are some belt issues
- The vacuum is on the heavy weight side
- There is quite some noise when working this
- There is no built-in light for an easier cleaning in the dark areas
- The clips need to be of better quality
- The cord is not very flexible
All in all, this is a very good, reliable upright vacuum cleaner.
14). This is a new model from Shark, but, nevertheless, a good performance upright vacuum cleaner. The Shark NV358 Navigator Lift Away Professional Upright Vacuum comes with many good features so here are the pros:
- The suction is strong
- The vacuum cleaner is lightweight and easy to operate
- There portable canister is very large
- It’s easy to empty the canister
- There is anti-allergen complete seal technology used on this
- The HEPA filter cleans the air inside your house
- The dust-away bare floor attachment has 1 microfiber pad
- The swivel steering is easy to handle
- It’s easy to assemble the vacuum cleaner
- There is a large dust cup
- The power cord is very long
- The noise is tolerable
- The suction is adjustable
- There is an efficient pet hair turbo-brush
- This picks up everything
- You may use this on tile and hardwood also
- The vacuum is rather small sized
- It comes with helpful user manual
There are only few down sides related to this vacuum so here are our cons:
- The main filter needs to be clean pretty often as it leaves a bad smell behind
- The front filler tends to fall off
- The vacuum falls over a lot
Other than these minor issues, there are no other problems to mention on our part. For the money you pay, you get a great commercial upright vacuum cleaner.
Best Commercial Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
15). A good investment for your money when you want to get a bagless vacuum cleaner is the Sanitaire SC5745A Commercial Quite Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner.
- The vacuum features HEPA filter which makes it very safe for your health
- There is bag less filtration to this vacuum
- There is an extra-large dirt cup
- There is CRI seal of approval
- There are clog resistant tools on board for a better use
- You get several accessories: wand, crevice tool, dusting brush, stretch hose
- There is great suction for the vacuum
- There is a carpet height adjustment, easy to use
- It’s easy to empty the vacuum
- The vacuum is efficient and cleans well
- There are strong, good quality plastic materials used on this
- There is good edge cleaning thanks to this vacuum
- There are no flimsy parts on this one
- The vacuum is long lasting and takes well heavy use
- This is pretty quiet
As for the cons, here are ours:
- The extension hose is kind of short
- There is no wood floor attachment
- You can’t shut off the beater bar
- The vacuum stands on the heavy weight side
These cons shouldn’t count as deal breakers, they’re definitely outweighed by the good parts of this Sanitaire bagless vacuum cleaner.
16). When it comes to this bagless vacuum, the only word that may describe it is “amazing”. The Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away Bagless Upright Vacuum comes with a full array of features and here are the pros to prove it:
- The power suction is amazing
- This features Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and the HEPA filter is efficient for keeping allergens away
- There is enhanced swivel steering
- You get great cleaning tools with this
- There are 2 microfiber pads and multi-angle dusting brush
- This is 2in1 vacuum: a powerful upright and a Lift-Away pod for portable cleaning
- The dust cup is extra large
- This comes with pet power brush, flexible crevice tool, straight suction nozzle and wide upholstery tool
- This is an upright that turns easily into a canister
- The wand is removable
- The attachments are great for cleaning the narrow and small areas also
- When the vacuum is full, it may still clean up very good
- The vacuum is very easy to assemble
- The dust attachments pads are washable
- There are many disposable parts
- The filters may be rinsed out also
- The vacuum is lightweight and easy to carry around
- The vacuum is quiet and is great for removing pet hair also
- It’s comfortable and easy to handle the vacuum
- There is an ergonomic design to the vacuum
- There is a separate switch to turn on/off the boll brush
- It’s easy to empty the trash
- There is fingertip control for everything
- The vacuum has everything put together
- There is a place to clip the cord from getting in the way
- The vacuum is versatile and so are its accessories
There are some minor issues:
- You can’t carry all the accessories on the vacuum itself
- The hose could be a bit longer
- The brush attachment needs more bristles
As you can see, there aren’t many things not to like about this vacuum. With it in hand, you can forget everything you ever used before and stick with Shark for quite some time to come.
Best Canister Commercial Vacuum Cleaner
17). If you never had a Dyson vacuum before, maybe now it’s a good chance to try a canister-type vacuum cleaner. There are many good things related to it, so here are the pros for the Dyson Ball Multifloor Canister Vacuum:
- This vacuum works great on all kinds of surfaces
- The power suction is amazing
- The turbine head is controlled at the handle and you don’t need to bend down
- The HEPA filtration sucks all allergens and bacteria inside the machine
- There is Ball technology to it which helps it steer easily into difficult areas
- There is also Radial Root Cyclone technology to the vacuum which minimizes turbulence and preserves air pressure so you may extract more dirt particles, while expelling fresh air
- There is fingertip switch on the handle for the turbine head
- It’s easy to see when the clear dust bin is full
- It’s easy to empty the dust bin
- There is hygienic push-button for emptying the dust bin
- This comes with stair tool and combination tool
- The vacuum has small wheels
- It’s lightweight and easy to carry around
- The vacuum doesn’t take much space to store
- There is no smell left behind after vacuuming
- The vacuum is well made
- It’s very easy to assemble the vacuum
- There is easy handling with the vacuum
- The vacuum gets under furniture
- This is a very small unit with a stylish design
- This is very practical and versatile
- You may use this for the hard floor and carpets just as well
- There is a nice, long, retractable cord
- The vacuum features a large debris bowl
There are also some minor things that we don’t like that much and counted as cons:
- The head is not very wide so it’s a bit challenging when cleaning the big carpets
- The hard objects spin forever in the head or simply get lung out
- The vacuum flips over a lot
- There is no power button on the wand
- The wand doesn’t stand on its own
Despite these problems, we still think this is a good buy, especially if you need to clean many types of floors.
18). When you’re willing to pay a little more money for your vacuum, this Electrolux UltraFlex Canister Vacuum is a good investment. You get a reliable, versatile and long lasting commercial canister vacuum with many good features.
Here are our pros:
- This is great for the plush carpets and all kinds of surfaces just as well
- There is an on/off brush roll switch
- You get a 3 level height adjustment to clean all floor surfaces
- The self-cleaning brush roll removes tangles from brush roll with a touch of a button
- There are large rear wheels that help you move easily around
- The vacuum is lightweight
- There is smooth swivel steering for an easy turn around and under furniture
- There is adjustable suction power, accordingly to the surface you’re cleaning
- The vacuum is compact and easy to store
- There are horizontal and vertical parking options
- There is an automatic cord rewind
- There are versatile tools on this
- The dusting brush and other accessories store in the handle
- The upholstery nozzle and bare floor nozzle are efficient
- There is HEPA filtration for a healthy environment after your cleaning
- The HEPA filter is washable
- There is a slim design on the bag
- It’s easy to remove and empty the dust cup
- There is a 5-year limited warranty for this
- There are fingertips controls
- The vacuum is quiet
- The cord is long and retractable
- The vacuum is easy to assemble out of the box
- There is a solid build on the vacuum
- Even though it’s small, the vacuum is highly efficient
As for the cons, there are some that are worth to mention:
- The vacuum tips over sometimes
- You need to empty it quite often
- The power switch is on the body and not the handle
Some would say that for the money you pay, there shouldn’t be any issues. But we simply wanted to get the full picture 🙂
Best Cordless Commercial Vacuum Cleaner
19). A good option when you want a cordless vacuum cleaner is the Hoover Commercial CH20110 TaskVac Lithium Ion Compact Upright Vacuum.
Easy to move around with and to charge, this vacuum has many good features as follows:
- This vacuum comes with a cordless fade-free Lithium Ion battery system
- This includes an interchangeable battery with charger
- It charges rather quickly, in about an hour
- There is a bottom release dirt cup
- There is a 2-layer microfiltration
- There are edge cleaning bristles
- The vacuum features powered brush roll with wind tunnel technology
- The Linx stick makes a smooth transition from hard flooring to area carpet and low pile carpeting
- There is a brush roll on/off switch easy to use
- There is wide clean mouth that cleans up spills very fast
- There is a low-profile on the vacuum so it fits under counter edges and furniture
- The extreme recline handle reaches far under furniture
- It’s easy to see when to empty the dirt cup
- The filter is easy to rinse
- The vacuum stands easily on its own
- The vacuum is lightweight and easy to maneuver around
- There is battery charge indicator
- This is easy to get around everywhere, even on stairs
- The vacuum takes very little space to store
As for the cons, here are ours:
- The suction power could be better
- There is no LED light on the vacuum
So, for the money you pay, you get a reliable, easy to move around cordless commercial vacuum cleaner.
20). If you’re ready to take the real thing and get around easily with a vacuum cleaner, get the GV 8 Qt Quart Commercial Pro Cordless Battery Powered Backpack Back Pack Vacuum. You might think that being a backpack vacuum is its great feature, but as of matter of fact there are other good parts related to this.
Here are our pros:
- This is lightweight and very easy to use
- This only weighs 14lbs with the battery installed
- This comes with a Lithium Ion Battery
- There is a powerful 300 Watt motor operating the vacuum
- You get 30 minutes run time with a single charge
- The battery needs 8 hours for charging
- The vacuum may take 1000 charging cycles
- There is a turn & clean floor brush that is efficient on hard floor surfaces, throw rugs and carpets
- There is a 180-degree swivel and 90-degree pivot movement
- This comes with easy to use tools
- You get a crevice tool, a duster brush, upholstery tool
- There is an adjustable telescopic metal wand
- You get 6 HEPA bags also
- There is one bag pre-installed
- There are well padded shoulder straps
- For better balance and more comfort, this comes with a well-padded waist strap also
- Your back doesn’t get hot when using the backpack vacuum and it’s like wearing a regular backpack
- The main floor attachment is great
- This is for ambidextrous use
- The vacuum is solid, simple and powerful
- It’s comfortable to wear the vacuum
- The vacuum is easy to assemble
- You may also use this to blow
- The electric nozzle has safety feature
- Even though it’s not retractable, the cord is easy to handle and doesn’t tangle when you’re cleaning
- The accessories are small, but efficient
Some things need improvement so here are our cons:
- The power cord is kind of short
- The cord is not retractable
- You do look kind of funny when using it
- The electric nozzle is powered independently
- The plastic parts could be of better quality
- You need to buy bags…
- Even though it looks nice with its red color, a black option would have been nice
So, for a few extra dollars, you get a good, easy to use and reliable cordless backpack vacuum cleaner.
Best Commercial Vacuum Cleaner with Steam
21). When you want your house or work place to be not only clean, but sparkly clean get this Dupray Tosca Commercial Steam Cleaner.
Everything gets shiny and safer for your health thanks to this commercial steam cleaner that comes with many amazing features, so here are the pros:
- You get 90 minutes per fill up to clean up around
- This gets your home and your work to be clean
- This is a 23-piece kit
- This is made in Italy
- There is a digital display with active temperature, pressure and maintenance reminder
- There is a 3-year warranty for the parts
- The stainless steel boiler comes with a lifetime warranty
- This cleans, degreases, sanitizes any surface
- There are no toxic chemicals involved
- This is a portable commercial-grade steam cleaner
- It kills 99.9% of bacteria, viruses, pathogens, mold from floors, furniture, toys etc.
- This is very easy to use
- The steam cleaner is in for a very long time
- There is a 1600 W chemical-free cleaning power to the cleaner
- You may simply use tap water
- There is adjustable pressure
- You may clean all kinds of surfaces thanks to the 23 accessories that come along
- This is environmentally-friendly
- The steam temperature is 316 F degrees
- The steam hose is detachable
- This is easy to store as it doesn’t take much space
- The cord is long
- There are intuitive controls
- There are user-friendly features
- There are 4 levels of safety
- There is a childproof safety lock
- The steam cleaner comes with built-in blow off valve
- There is also a pressurized safety cup
- There is an automatic shut off
- There is a low water light
We wanted to mention the cons, but we couldn’t find any. As long as you have the money for it, you’re good to go.
22). Now that you are in for the healthiest house/work place ever, it’s obvious you want to get the very best commercial steam vacuum cleaner. This Sargent Steam® Cleaner Cleaning System sanitizes all kinds of surfaces and presents many good features:
- This may be used anywhere: windows, cars, furniture, carpet, tile, bathroom
- This is one long lasting cleaning system
- It comes to all kinds of necessary accessories
- This doesn’t involve any toxic chemicals as tap water is more than enough
- There is a 68lbs steam pressure which is highly efficient on destroying germs
- This is easy to use
- It heats in 10 minutes and lasts for hours
- There is a 298 degrees’ temperature inside the boiler
- This comes with efficient cloth heads
- There is steam control setting
- This is lightweight and easy to carry around
- This lasts almost forever and cleans pretty much everything
There is no trigger lock and this is the only thing we don’t like about this steam cleaner. Other than this, we say this is a pretty much good buy any given day.