What makes a good commercial juicer?
Even though they sound the same, a commercial juicer and a home use juicer are not quite the same.
A commercial juicer is able to make large quantities of juice in no time, every single day, and it’s used in juice bars, cafes, bars, restaurants and health clubs.
Some commercial juicers are only used for citrus fruits as they can handle whole unpeeled oranges. You may find commercial juicers though that juice both fruits and vegetables.
Typically, the motors in commercial juicers are more powerful and long lasting as they need to withstand daily heavy use.
The more durable and more reliable the commercial juicer is, the more you get to pay for it, but it’s a win-win situation since this juicer is highly efficient in a commercial environment.
What to look for when shopping for a commercial juicer?
Since it’s the business man or woman that looks for a commercial juicer, it’s up to him/her to take a look at their business and to their customer’s needs when it comes to juicing. Most customers of health clubs and juice bars go for a wider range of juices (don’t forget the wheatgrass juice and the one from vegetables), so your commercial juicer would have to be able to juice all kinds of fruits and veggies, and even herbs.
You also need to take a good look at the space you’re thinking to set up your commercial juicer in. A floor standing juicer maybe eats up a lot of space in your health club, and going for two (one for citrus juices and one for fruits/vegetables) might be a more ergonomic solution for your space.
If you are planning to use the commercial juicer for big quantities of juice, the speed of your juicer is very important. You also need to take in consideration how well the juicer ejects the pulp, how often you need to clean up the pulp ejection bin etc.
Even if you’re not running a business and only buy the commercial juicer for your home, you need to rely on the servicing schedule that comes with the juicer. You need to cover the situations when you need a new part, if you need to send it to another country in order to have it serviced and so on.
A good commercial juicer uses less fruit and vegs, that’s for sure. The quality of juice that your juicer puts out is a major feature to look for on your juicer.
Especially when you place the juicer in a very circulated area, you need to think of the noise that it produces. As good or high performance as your commercial juicer might be, the last thing you want is to scare customers away with its noise. Or damage your employees hearing also.
Last but not least, take a good reading of the instruction manual. You need a commercial juicer that is easy to operate and to clean and you definitely need a juicer that can take a long operating time before it needs to be cleaned.
A last word
The commercial juicer has high-quality parts and is great when it comes to efficiency: more juice in less time is the main principle.
One thing is obvious: if you’re a bar owner or a healthy lifestyle enthusiast, a commercial juicer might be your no. 1 investment to consider, and you need one to last you for a long time!
The Top 5 Commercial Juicer Reviews
Any restaurant or health bar should consider getting this highly professional Santos 68 Commercial Fruit & Veg Juicer with PULP BUCKET.
Apart from its main function – it allows you to use it both for fruit and vegetables -, this commercial juicer comes with many other great features. Here are the pros:
- It comes with a PULP container (bucket) placed next to the machine
- You may obtain with this 40 gallons (140 liters) of juice per hour
- There is a powerful motor on this
- There is a 2 years’ warranty for the unit and 5 years for the motor
- The juicer is made of cast aluminum
- There is a stainless steel cover, blade and juice bowl
- You don’t need any tools to assembly the blade and basket
- This is very easy to use and you simply place the basket in place
- There’s no need to cut any of the vegetables or fruits
- There is continues juice producing thanks to the centrifugal action and the automatic pulp ejection
- The filtration is amazing and you only get high quality juice
- The basket is large, with very fine sieve
- You may use all kinds of fruits and vegetables with this
- This works with citrus fruits also
- You may also juice berry fruits, tropical fruits, bananas, kiwis so on
- There is a patented locking system that makes it secure to use the machine
- The single point cover locking system prevents the juicer from running when the cover is not locked in place
- The clearance from the spout to bottom is 9” high
- This is easy to clean
- The parts are lightweight
- The motor is protected by internal thermal detector
- There is an overload protector feature also
- You can choose from Pulp Bucket (black bucket for under lid of machine, by default) or Pulp Chute a Chute attachment that ejects the pulp to a hidden, under the counter bucket
- You may use high glasses or containers since the spout is 8” high
- The machine is very quiet
- This is one heavy duty commercial juicer
- There is a wide circular feeding hole
- The motor braking when opening makes it safe to use
- All removable parts may be cleaned in the dishwasher or may be cleaned with hot soapy water (NSF approved, though)
When it comes to the cons, we can’t think of many. Yes, you do need to peel off the banana before you put it in the juicer and you do need to pit the fruits. So these can count as cons.
And you need to open your wallet rather large when buying this. As the price is a match for the high performance of this juicer.
When you want a small, yet highly professional juicer, try the Robot Coupe J80 Ultra Automatic Juicer with Pulp Ejection.
This fits any countertop and features a powerful stainless steel motor base. There are many qualities to this commercial juicer so here are our pros:
- The juicer is long lasting and heavy duty
- The stainless steel motor base means more stability and bigger life span for the juicer
- The ABS plastic lid doesn’t break easily and takes great amount of use
- This is very easy to use
- There is push type on and off switch
- There is automatic feed lets you put vegetables and fruits continuously
- This is designed to extract pulp and spit it out into a waste container below the feed hopper
- There is an anti-drip spout that pours juice into the glasses and cups
- This is easy to clean as its parts are shock-resistant and dishwasher safe
- There is a drip tray for a clean operation
- The basket features 2 handles and 2.5mm grating disc
- The molded base is efficient for the long run
- The opening is wide
As for the cons, we need to mention them, as few as they are:
- Sometimes, the juicer leaks
- This is on the high end of price
Efficient, small and long lasting, this commercial juicer is versatile and ready for the long run.
If we were to choose one word to describe the following juicer it would be “amazing”. The Uniworld UJC-750 Fruit and Vegetable Juicer – 1 H.P. – 750 W has robust features so here are the pros to justify our “amazing” shout:
- This is able to produce 3.25 quarts of high quality nectar in only a minute
- This gives you 50 gallons of juice per hour
- There is a powerful 1HP motor
- This may get very fast with its 3450RPM
- You may use this both for fruits and vegetables
- There is automatic pulp extraction
- The filter is heavy duty
- The cast is aluminum and stainless steel
- This is a long lasting, resistant to shocks juicer
- The spout may be adjusted to eight different position so that you may collect the juice into variously sized containers
- You may juice apples, tomatoes, pears, carrots etc.
- This is very fast
- This goes great on soft fruits and hard vegetables as well
- There is well-thought design on the juicer so that you continuously juice by ejecting the pulp directly into the trash bin and the sap in the container
- The design is very simple
- It’s easy to assemble and disassemble this
- The clean-up is easy to do
- There is an auto stop feature that protects the motor in case anything gets stuck inside it
As much we like this commercial juicer, there are also some small parts that we don’t really appreciate. Here are our cons:
- This juicer is not very low priced
- It’s not the quietest juicer out there
- It’s is not good for citrus fruits
As long as you consider these cons not to be deal breakers, you won’t regret buying this juicer.
In case you want a commercial juicer for your small business or health bar, or for your own use at home, the Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite 1000-Watt Juice Extractor is a good juicer, with great professional performance.
Here are our pros:
- It comes with a speed control and 2 speeds, high and low
- It has a die-cast steel housing
- The filter is stainless steel micromesh
- The juicer comes with titanium-plated cutting disk
- There is a circular 3-inch feed tube that is good for vegetables and fruits
- This comes with a manual/recipe book
- The parts are easy to clean and they fit in your dishwasher
- There is a pulp container and a juicing pitcher also
- There are locking arm bolts that move up to ¼ in all directions to give a snug fit in the locking arm
- This is a heavy duty juicer since it uses a 1000-watt motor
- There is a patented extra-wide feed chute
- The patented direct central feed system gives maximum juice extraction
- The Nutri disc features titanium reinforced cutting blades which means blades remain sharp for longer
- There is 1Liter juice jug with froth separator
- The pulp container has an integrated handle
- The power cord wraps around feet and clips into position under the base so it doesn’t take much space to store
- The safety locking arm means you can’t operate the juicer without the cover locked into place
- There is also an overload protection feature which prevents over-heating and the juicer automatically stops when overloaded
- There is a cleaning brush for easier cleaning
- All materials that come in contact with fruits and vegetables are BPA-free, which makes it safe for your health
- The feed chute is centered over the shredding disc which makes the juicer more efficient
- Always start with the softer textured ingredients on low-speed when mixing ingredients
- There is a good built on the juicer
- It’s easy to assemble/disassemble the juicer
- The lid is made so that it separates foam from the juice
- This is fast and powerful
On the other hand, some things need improvement so here are our cons:
- The juicer has the large feed directly over the teeth plate and not off to the side. The large pieces get launched back up the tube and overhead.
- The gap between the bottom of the feed tube and the teeth plate is too large and the last piece often slips away, not juiced
- Spinach leaves sometimes disappear altogether without being juiced at all
- The high speed is a bit too fast and the low too low
- The juicer doesn’t masticate
But, for the money you pay, this is a good buy and a reliable commercial juicer.
For the low budgets but high expectations, there is the very popular Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus 850-Watt Juice Extractor. Here are the pros that got us:
- It has s a 3-inch wide feeder chute
- This gives you 8oz. juice in only 5 seconds
- There is a stainless steel cutting disc
- The juicer features an Italian made micro mesh filter
- This is operated by an 850-watt dual-speed motor
- It’s safe to use this thanks to it safety locking arm
- There’s an overload protection LED also
- The juicer has a large-capacity pulp collector
- The parts are dish-washer safe
- This comes with a 1-Liter juice jug with froth separator, filter basket and cleaning brush
- There is 1-year warranty for this
- There are two speeds for the machine
- The low speed is good for the soft fruits and vegetables and the high speed works on harder vegetables and fruits
- The body is made of heavy grade polymer
- The power cord wraps around feet and clips into position under the base for lower counter-top footprint
- The safety locking arm prevents the juicer to operate without the cover locked into place
- The overload protection feature prevents over-heating and automatically shuts down the machine when overloaded
- All materials that come in contact with food are BPA-free, which keeps you safe and sound
- This comes with a cleaning brush also
- It’s easy to put this together and to take it apart
- There is good stability for the juicer
- You don’t need to be Superman to use this as it doesn’t require much strength for operating it
- There isn’t much cutting involved in this
Even though this is an efficient commercial juicer, for this kind of money you can’t expect the very best. So here are our cons:
- This is not very quiet
- Some splatters do appear
- The pulp doesn’t get very dry which means some juice remains
- The basket is not very easy to clean up
- The juicer needs a lot of space for storing
- There are only 2 speeds to choose from
- Sometimes is leaks
For the money you pay however, this juicer still has great performance and a pretty long life span.