The bedroom is the part of the house, where you spend most of your time, when at home. It is because it is the place to rest and sleep. Everyone not just takes care of their bedroom but also decorate guest bedroom too. Furniture makes a significant part of the bedroom decor. There are different kind of materials which are used to make the furniture, but organic furniture stands out as the best. A multitude of benefits is bestowed upon by the organic furniture that most people are unaware of.
Benefits Of Organic Furniture In the Bedroom
- Environment-Friendly: The use of the dangerous chemical is not done, either in growing the timber or treating the wood. There is no use of harmful chemicals or preservatives in them. Organic furniture is long-lasting while their lifespan is longer than the synthetic-composite-wood. The latter breaks down quickly, which adds to the waste dumped onto the planet. Thus, organic furniture also helps in reducing waste. Furthermore, they come in environment-friendly packing and not in the usual bubble wrap, Styrofoam and plastic packing.
- Better Air-Quality: Most of the non-organic and synthetic solid-wood furniture tend to release chemicals that pollute the air. Such a chemical laden air in the bedroom is dangerous for the occupant, and it does more harm than saving one from the pollution outside. Since the organic furniture does not contain any chemicals or pesticides, they keep the air in the bedroom as it is and the air-quality improves over time; and so does the health.
- Better Skin-Health: Most people have complained continuously of having rashes or similar skin-ailments in areas which get in contact with the solid-wood furniture such as beds, tables and chairs. It is mostly caused by the allergic reactions that happen due to contact with chemicals present in the wood. Getting the organic furniture eliminates such a possibility and keeps the skin healthy.
- Cost-Efficient: Since the organic furniture lasts longer than the synthetic furniture, the cost of owning the former becomes economic in comparison to the latter. Mostly, the former will last as long as your lifetime, while the synthetic ones break down after few years; making you buy another furniture. Thus, you buy organic furniture ones, and then you spend the remainder of your long life with that one furniture without worrying about purchasing another after a couple of years.
- Aesthetics: Since organic hardwoods age naturally, they retain their natural state and colour for many years. Furthermore, their natural colour can be brought out by skilled craftsman in a much profound manner when they are being maintained at an interval of a couple of years. However, the quality of the wood is never compromised, neither the beauty.
- Supporting Local Industry: The businesses which make organic furniture are the small establishments which could close due to the recession, but since they still get orders; they are open. However, with a conscious user base, there is a steady rise in the purchase and use of organic furniture which consequently supports the local furniture industry. Bedroom furniture is usually a bulky set that costs good but provides a fair margin of profit to these establishments.
Hence, buying organic furniture would be a good choice both health wise and cost wise. Also read 10 Sources for the Organic Modern Style.