The power generator with inverter technology is an essential tool in the event of a blackout and camping and outdoor activities. These kinds of generators for the home or camper are less noisy and easy to transport.
The advantage is that the inverter’s load determines the amount of mechanical energy needed to meet the electrical load requirements. As a result, the generator is controlled to operate with a variable engine by accelerating the maximum engine power.
This reduces fuel consumption at low load levels and consequently increases the overall efficiency of the generator. Besides, these models tend to be quieter.
- Ten key benefits of an Inverter power generator
- Some crucial recommendations to keep in mind
- FAQs about Inverter Generators
- Q: What is the inverter generator?
- Q: What’s the working mechanism for the inverter generator?
- Q: Which customers benefit the most from the inverter generator?
- Q: Are the inverter generators as quiet as the manufacturers claim to be?
- Q: How many types of inverter generators are there?
- Q: How should the control panel be?
- Q: Should you pay attention to weight and size when selecting the inverter generator?
- Q: Are inverter generators expensive?
- Q: How will you know that an inverter generator makes the ideal choice for your needs?
- Q: Are emissions a concern for the inverter generators?
- Q: Are inverter generators easy to take care of?
- Q: Why is parallel ability important?
- Q: Are there any drawbacks to inverter generators?
Ten key benefits of an Inverter power generator
- The inverter technology ensures the constant and balanced supply of energy, which can, therefore, be used to power sophisticated electrical appliances, such as computers, pellet stoves, televisions, tablets, or in all those situations necessary to use clean energy without sudden changes in voltage.
An inverter generator allows you to use any appliance, electric tool, in the domestic and professional environment; relying on an inverter means not giving up the convenience of electricity wherever you need it.
- One of the main advantages of inverter generators and more critical is their excellent stability that does not produce peaks and gives us peace of mind that no other generator on the market can provide.
And what is the reason for this stability?
Because it is based on the inverter plates that it incorporates, some devices that regulate the intensity of the generator at all times to precisely avoid any spike or instability for your safety.
- Another advantage of inverter generators would be noise, or rather the absence of sound that they do not produce.
While other generators are noisy and annoying, the inverter generator is practically soundproof, making it very useful for camping and other places where a generator is required as an external source of energy.
- Compact, easy to handle, and inverter generators have well-kept and balanced structures that allow you to use them to take up the smallest possible footprint and transport them wherever you need them quickly. On the other hand, about their size, they are quite light devices, they are easy to carry due to their ergonomic and simple shape.
- The inverter generator is much more efficient and preferable than the gasoline engine due to the following reasons:
- Modern inverter generators have overcome the disadvantages of previous models with higher noise and maintenance costs. Now they are quiet and require less maintenance compared to gas engines of similar size.
- They are more durable and more reliable.
- There are no sparks. The absence of spark plugs or wires reduces maintenance costs.
- Fuel cost per kilowatt produced is thirty to one-half(50 percent) less than that of gas engines.
- The 1800 rpm water-cooled per inverter unit runs for 12,000 to 30,000 hours before any significant conservation is necessary. 1800 rpm water-cooled gas unit usually operates for 6000-10,000 hours before service needs.
- Hot gas-burning units than inverter units, and therefore have a significantly shorter life compared to inverter units.
- The best thing about the Inverter model is its vast capacity to maintain the power and voltage at an optimal level without suffering significant variations, even though the power supply may have failures and with this a very irregular level. Contrary to what you think, they can be used in places without energy service as often as necessary. Voltage modulation performed using an electronic board, which achieves stability in the voltage with variations of less than 1% of the nominal voltage (comparable to the conventional electrical network)
This will help you keep all your equipment protected, preventing them from overheating or even suffering short circuits; thanks to this kindness, they are perfect for connecting your electronic devices and refrigerators, freezers, and even microwaves.
- They are even decorative, and a good inverter generator can have a beautiful design that helps it become part of your decoration. It is also very economical and almost does not generate fuel emissions.
- Another of its great uses is to give energy at any event, primarily if it will be held in a closed and intimate space. The engine speed adapts to the demand requested so that its energy consumption when it is not being used is reduced to a minimum.
- These generators are also affordable. We are often concerned about investments; here is an estimate to know how much you should spend on one of these following.
Inverter generators of lower capacity can cost between 500 and 1,000 dollars; if you want something a little more durable in terms of continuous work, you can choose models between 1,000 and 3,000 dollars.
They are less expensive than other equipment, and their capacity is genuinely incredible.
- The most significant models allow connecting to the electrical panel of a home almost directly (interposing a safety switch, which is usually included in the generator box), making them especially useful when there is a problem with power outages—frequent light. Smaller models offer 110 or 220 V outlets on the front of the same generator, along with one or two sockets for 12V or recharge batteries (useful for camping and when the car’s battery is depleted).
Some crucial recommendations to keep in mind
These generators are sturdy and durable. However, we cannot ignore that they require specialized maintenance to guarantee many years of operation.
- Carefully check their fuel, water, and oil levels; it should not run less than they need, or the engine could be damaged.
- Clean it regularly; dirt can be very damaging as it clogs your engine.
- Please put it in a cool place, avoid overheating.
Having an electric inverter generator in your home will allow you to forget about problems with electrical energy, which makes you think every day that you will lose your most valuable equipment at any moment.
Its unique, latest-generation technology will help you cover all the risks you may have.
Here’s a video that will shed some light on inverter vs regular generators:
FAQs about Inverter Generators
Q: What is the inverter generator?
A: The inverter generator will convert the DC voltage and “invert” it back to clean AC voltage, hence the name. Thanks to the inversion mechanism, the machine will keep a continuous flow of current to your appliance.
Producing more AC electrical energy with every engine rotation is the primary purpose of the inverter generators. However, direct use will not be possible with the unit. The raw electricity has to be turned into DC power.
Q: What’s the working mechanism for the inverter generator?
A: Unlike the conventional generator using a heavy alternator, the inverter generator utilizes a lightweight digital electronic alternator, which is the inverter.
The generator will produce DC power, and the inverter will turn and convert it to a continuous flow of clean AC power. The process is known as stable pure sine wave delivery. You will obtain clean energy just the way you’d get from the primary outlets in your home.
Q: Which customers benefit the most from the inverter generator?
A: Inverter generators were created for the hunters, campers, and fishers looking for comfort into the wild outdoors. At the same time, they were looking for quieter and more portable options. Lightweight, dependable, and quiet, the inverter generator soon becomes a wise investment to make for any homeowner.
Q: Are the inverter generators as quiet as the manufacturers claim to be?
A: Inverter generators are also a familiar presence in the construction industry, where workers may use them early in the morning without disturbing the neighbors. The noise produced by the inverter generators is the same as a typical conversation (50 to 60dBA). Your vacuum cleaner will produce more sound. A regular generator will cause noise up to 65, and even 75 dBA, similar to a chain saw or a lawnmower.
It may sound repetitive, but noise levels will not be the same amongst different manufacturers, even if the units don’t differ in terms of output. If the noise level is essential to you, make sure that you only compare units with the same output and main features. Keep in mind that you have to consider the distance between the unit and the sound-level meter and the running load.
Q: How many types of inverter generators are there?
A: Obviously, the market gives you plenty of models to choose from. Differences in design, specific features, and build will lead to different results, so do due diligence before buying.
Q: How should the control panel be?
A: The better models have control panels with display for controlling the voltage output, hours of operation, and frequency. They also come with LEDs that will inform you in case of overload conditions.
You will find models that present various functions, making possible the switch from automatic power-saving to power-boost mode in case of power surges.
Q: Should you pay attention to weight and size when selecting the inverter generator?
A: The watt output of the unit will affect the weight and size. Should you need a powerful inverter generator, you will have to compromise on the weight. Even so, some units. Allow easy wheel transportation, so that portability is less strenuous.
Q: Are inverter generators expensive?
A: Should you plan to buy an inverter generator, you must think in the long run. The initial investment for a reliable unit is significant, but it’s more affordable to operate than the typical generators. You may pay between $600-$1,200 for a 2,000-watt inverter generator, whereas a conventional model is as accessible as $200.The higher the capacity of the inverter generator, the higher the price will be.
Q: How will you know that an inverter generator makes the ideal choice for your needs?
A: There are numerous models from various manufacturers, so you should do your homework before choosing. The 2000 watt models make the most common choice, but you may go up or below, depending on your needs and budget. Should you look in the 300 to 1000 watt range, you need to consider the limitations. Be aware that a 3000 watts (or more) model will provide amazing versatility, but make sure that your wallet is thick enough. $2000 is the typical price for this sort of power.
The ideal versatility is when the unit comes with parallel ability, allowing you to connect two units for doubling the power. Additionally, you will also be able to use each of the units separately when needed.
Q: Are emissions a concern for the inverter generators?
A: Most of the time, the EPA regulations are mandatory for the portable generator. For California, for instance, the unit has to be CARB compliant too.
One of the many benefits of the inverter generators is the reality that they generate fewer greenhouse emissions than their traditional counterparts. Therefore, finding a model that matches the environmental regulations will be easier than finding a conventional portable generator that does.
Q: Are inverter generators easy to take care of?
A: Easy maintenance is a reason for which clients turn to the inverter generators. The conventional units need constant support, which means both time and money. However, you need to keep them in good shape if you plan on using them for a long time.
With the inverter generators, you don’t need to worry about not replacing the oil after 200 hours of use or anything similar. You only need to check the batteries from time to time, at least once a year.
Q: Why is parallel ability important?
A: The parallel ability ensures you the chance for coupling two units for doubling the power ability. Keep in mind that the units have to have to same size capacity. The identical ability will let you utilize two light and small units for making the work of a larger and heavier unit. Moreover, a new transfer switch connection won’t be even required. Don’t forget that 4000 watts of power is what’s capable of an average model. You will double the power if you plan on coupling two identical generators.
Q: Are there any drawbacks to inverter generators?
A: The power requirements are the most significant downsides to consider. When you plan to utilize it for the massive and robust tools, the inverter generator will not be strong enough. Average-sized portable traditional generators can be as big as 15000 watts in size, and the portable inverter generator doesn’t go higher than 6000-7000 watts. Camping, small power necessities, or caravanning make the ideal applications for the inverter generator.