Most of the people know exactly what a bathroom faucet is. However, not all of them would have had the chance to go shopping for the product. It is not as easy as you think. There are numerous models of bathroom faucets available on the market today, each with a different or same specification and style. However, if you have the least knowledge about the product, it could easily confuse you and leave you in a mess. Nevertheless, here are some of the key factors according to kitchenfaucetstips that you should consider to get yourself the best bathroom faucets.
- Mount type
- Color and finish
- Number of handles
Mount type – There are five different mount types of bathroom faucets available on the market today.
- Centerset – Best compatible with basins with three holes that are placed 4-Inches apart from each other. This type of faucet comes with a single plate on which handles and spout will be placed.
- Single-hole – Best compatible with basins with a single hole and the faucet comes with single or two handles. If your basin has more than one hole, consider buying a plate to cover the extra holes.
- Widespread – The handles and the faucets are placed comparatively far away from each other and this type of faucet will not have a base plate.
- Wall- mounted – This type of faucet requires separate valve on the wall and cannot be mounted on the basis in any way. The spouts are long enough to reach the center of the basis and ensure efficient water supply.
- Vessel – This type of faucets come with single handles and is considerably higher than other faucets.
Color and finish – As the name indicates, bathroom faucets come in different colors and finish.
- Black or matt black
- Stainless steel
It is your personal choice on which color/finish bathroom faucet to purchase. But, always consider purchasing a bathroom faucet after purchasing a basin.
Type of handle – Bathroom faucets come with different handle types.
- Single handle – This type of handles are either placed on the deck plate or on the faucet head itself
- Lever handle – This type of handles come in the shape of the handle and on/off depends on the turning of these handle
- Double handle – This type faucet come with two handles that will be integrated to the deck plate
- Knob handle – unlike the other handles, this handle has to be twisted to be turned to switch on and off the flow.
- Automatic – This type of faucets do not have handles, the faucet comes with sensors incorporated into it that switches on/off the faucet automatically.
- Cross handle – this type of handles have a vintage look, the faucet has to be twisted left or right to turn on/off the water flow.
Brand – Quality of the bathroom faucets depends upon the brand name and material with which the product is made of. Always read the customer reviews of the product and then purchase the product.
It is very important that you consider the factors mentioned above if you prefer having the best bathroom faucet on the market.