As we know that to stay in a good position is important but it simply does not mean that you just need to stand or a sit. When you sleep your neck and spine get proper relaxation, a Good position is important while you sleep.
Choice of a Mattress
According to a research, there are many mattresses available in the market that is very good for neck and spine. A good mattress will keep you fresh and pain-free. Until it requires for certain type of mattress you can choose the mattresses that can cover all your curves like neck and spine so they can feel relax.
If you are married you need to choose the mattress with the sufficient space aside in 2018. Every mattress has the lifespan of 9 to 10 years and you have to change it. If you are having any spine or neck problem you can consult a physiotherapist and they can suggest you the best mattress.
Right Kind of Pillow
When we come from a middle-class family we never look after pillow or mattresses. We just want something to sleep. According to a science, it’s proven that sleep (A good sleep) can help your neck and spine to recover from pain or injury. For all of us, Pillow is necessary to sleep. If you do not know let me tell you your sleep totally depends on the pillow. A good pillow can help you to have a sound sleep.
You need to choose a pillow that can cover all the curves of your body. If your pillow is too high you can get into the certain position that can cause you a muscle strain or sourness in the spine or in the neck. Choose the pillows that can allow you or you are comfortable with any position and can align your neck and spine in one single position. Pillow has a lifespan of year or year and a half.
Sleeping ways that can keep you away from neck and spine problems
- If you have a heavy body and if you are sleeping straight, you can put a small pillow in the back part of the knees that will help your spine to be a comfortable position. Pillow under your head will help your neck to get into a good position and it can support your shoulder to feel relax.
- If you have a tendency to sleep on your stomach then it can give the highest amount of pressure on your spine you should avoid doing that if you cannot then you can choose small flat pillow under your stomach. That will allow your spine to be aligned, but if you sleep on your stomach then you need to use the flat pillow under your neck or best thing sleep, without a pillow.
- If you sleep one side then you can use a small pillow between your legs. It will help your upper leg to align with your spine and can reduce the stress from hips. A small pillow under your waist can also help your spine. After having the dinner it is advisable to sleep on the left side. It will help you to digest faster and properly.
- You can also use a pillow under the mattress.
- While in a deep sleep we do not know what we are doing if we are too tired. Whenever you turn in the sleep you need to make sure you do not twist only west it can damage your spine and if you already have a spine problem then you can use a full body to turn around, by doing this thing you are distributing the load from your spine to total body.
- Keep your curvy parts align if you want to wake up without sourness and if you want to feel fresh.
Also check this post: Best Mattress Topper for Back Pain
As a result of the many years of experiment, science has these above answers regarding any spine or neck related problems. It is scientifically proven that a good sleep can heal faster if you are facing spine and neck related problems.
If you are looking for advice regarding the connection of sleeping with spine and neck then yes, proper sleep has the cure of your spine and neck related problem.